Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Karl :glasses7: your two sons sound like mine, when they was at home one could sleep 10 straight hours and the other like me maybe 6 hours at the most, the one that can sleep 10 hours was messy and as soon as the word work/house cleaning came up he was gone, he could live in a junked up room and not bother him at all #-o Creed is and has always been the neat one and handy to have around the house :glasses7: I miss seeing booth of them these days :coffee2:

I've been waiting to see if he was going to help clean all week, and he hasn't lifted a finger. Then stayed up past 5 AM and I doubt he will wake up in time to help clean... :finga:

Does he stay up on the computer all night like my youngest does?

He has his groups of friends. they come and go at different times. He has the "night crew" that will come over and they drink beer and hang out in his room on the computer, x-box, and Netflix all night long..

He's supposed to be going to school or working, he didn't do either this semester, just keeps saying that he's going to, but doesn't...

Whenever I offer to help him send out resume's, he's always "too busy" at the time and never follows through later.

When I did send some out for him, he didn't check his email and to see if he got any "bites" and answer them back. I keep telling him to look and answer if he wants a job, but he blows it off.

Bottom line - he really doesn't want to start working. He's had a free ride so long, he's trying to milk it as long as he can...

He doesn't realize that if he keeps it up, nobody will want to hire him without much work history when he's in his mid or late twenties (If that is when he will decide to "get it together"...)

His younger brother went to high school full time, worked at a grocery store part time, saved up and bought a VW Jetta to drive every day economy car, and is graduating with straight 'a's this year and got a small scholarship....

Two totally different kids....

I love them both, but am frustrated getting the older one back in gear... He's pulled straight a's and 3.9 GPA, but he's lost his drive and is now coasting.... His mom was the same at that age, so I'm battling some genetics here...

His mom finally went to college in her late 30's and then went to back and got a master's degree last year. She finally got her first full time job last year in her mid-forties....

Her younger sister is still living at home off dad. Her life got "tough" so she crawled into a hole and ignores the rest of the world. Their dad finally retired last year. He should have been able to many years ago (like 10) but he's had to support two daughters.... After her parents die, I give her 5 years max before she's living on the street if she doesn't get her **** together.... (emotional baggage)...

Dang Karl :glasses7: Time to pull the car keys (how old is he ?) maybe he will rebel if you did , I don't know.. I have two son's 33 and 31, home owners and taking great care of there self and have been for over 10 years now... I am glad they are becouse memikie don't do drama anymore becouse .... well ... I will just say becouse :coffee2: I am sure it will work out in the long run as long as he jumps on board soon and thinks about having his own place in life.. good luck super dad :color: I bet they are great men :color: one is a late bloomer :color:

It's amazing how kids made from the same batter and brought up the same way can be so different. I feel your pain Karl. Very similar issues with my three. Thank goodness their all out on their own now.

Goop Morning Mike and Ben, what is the world bringing your way today ?
Me, well I hope to finish what the rain ran me off of yesterday Finnish washing two big Mopars out in the yard I have not driven much Bid A$$ white dodge 3/4 long Ex-Church Van and an 85 White Ramcharger, they are trying to turn green !!

Karl, I am going throug this also with my son. He has to be in school or work by the end of August or he is going to be homeless somewhere there is free WIFI!

Good morning. Actually slept in this morning! My 4 legged girlfriend let me sleep til about 6:30. A little coffee, some biscuits and gravy.. and I'm out to get my yard work done.. then i get to start cutting and welding. Got some free steel and 4 of the 6 casters to build a body rotisserie. Just have to spring for 2 more casters and a couple long hydraulic rams and i should be able to pull it off..

Sounds like you have a plan there! Check out the surplus center for the ram and casters Ben, Good and cheap stuff.

Dang Karl :glasses7: Time to pull the car keys (how old is he ?) maybe he will rebel if you did , I don't know..

I've been taking away (or not giving) some benefits. I've cut back on the "gas money" fund and the handout money that he uses for drinks. He's not going to school or working, he doesn't need much gas to go anywhere.

Sometimes he plays taxi and picks up his friends and drops them off. I tell him to hit them up for gas money, but he thinks that "it's not right"...

I tell him that it "IS RIGHT" as he's spending our money driving them around. They are benefiting from his driving, so they can chip in for gas or stay home. It's not fair to him to spend all of his gas driving them around, especially to come over to drink HIS BOOZE//BEER on top of that.... A friend in need is a friend indeed.... :twisted:

You can't take it all away when they've been used to it for so long. I'm trying to do it a little at a time to keep the "withdrawals" manageable... :pale:

Goop Morning Mike and Ben, what is the world bringing your way today ?
Me, well I hope to finish what the rain ran me off of yesterday Finnish washing two big Mopars out in the yard I have not driven much Bid A$$ white dodge 3/4 long Ex-Church Van and an 85 White Ramcharger, they are trying to turn green !!

Church van? That's like washing my tool truck. (or a barn) LOL

Nice Pro street Valiant on Facebook Mike!

It's amazing how kids made from the same batter and brought up the same way can be so different. I feel your pain Karl. Very similar issues with my three. Thank goodness their all out on their own now.

yeah, I know. From the same mold, but so different... :???:

When I start thinking that it may be ME that is the problem, but then the younger one is doing so well.... #-o

Or maybe we get better as parents with more experience.... :D

I have two different ones also one should be a priest and the other one thinks she is Lindsay LOHAN!

Good morning! Raising kids is hard, not that I ever tried, I give you guys a lot of credit. I think unconditional love is the most important thing. Seems like not everyone is capable of that though.

When you get into step-parents, things can really get tricky!

Man we were busy last night at work. Another older server and I out-worked and out-sold the younger crowd. Tired as heck today.

yeah, I know. From the same mold, but so different... :???:

When I start thinking that it may be ME that is the problem, the younger one is doing so well.... #-o

Or maybe we get better as parents with more experience.... :D

It aint you.. it's what they do with the life you provide. I had 1 do really good, one is just a douchebag, and 1 that's a drug head.. all raised the same... they just do different stuff. You cant change em. Just love em and try to walk that fine line between a helping hand and a handout... it's tough.

There's a show & swap about a 45 minutes from me, but it's drizzling, not sure if I should go with the rain. May not be much turn out...

Lindsay's 18th birthday she got first months rent for a gift and out of the house that day. I had it with CPS, the cops and all of the other baggage. One of the best days I had!

-
Back