Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I've been taking away (or not giving) some benefits. I've cut back on the "gas money" fund and the handout money that he uses for drinks. He's not going to school or working, he doesn't need much gas to go anywhere.

Sometimes he plays taxi and picks up his friends and drops them off. I tell him to hit them up for gas money, but he thinks that "it's not right"...

I tell him that it "IS RIGHT" as he's spending our money driving them around. They are benefiting from his driving, so they can chip in for gas or stay home. It's not fair to him to spend all of his gas driving them around, especially to come over to drink HIS BOOZE//BEER on top of that.... A friend in need is a friend indeed.... :twisted:

You can't take it all away when they've been used to it for so long. I'm trying to do it a little at a time to keep the "withdrawals" manageable... :pale:

He will get it, Keep at it Karl I know you have this super dad :glasses7:

Aint families great!
My son went through a few years of extreme party phase, dropped out of college etc. Hasent lived at home since going off to start college, so he has managed to keep a roof over his head through it. Hes 24 now, works full time and getting his act together.

Picked my daughter up at college yesterday. Shes doing really well. We stopped at my Dad's on the way back...
My sister (48 yrs old) lives with him. He is 85, has lost sight in one eye and numerous medical issues that limit him. She has been on disability for years for 'abdominal pain'. I dont doubt she has an issue, but I have no clue how she continues to collect. She will have a huge problem getting work if they cut her off.
They share a large mobile home. Bedrooms on opposite ends, so set-up is pretty nice for 2 adults. It was in excellent condition and about 10 years old when they got it 16 years ago. She got the master bedroom end with its own bath. Her area is COMPLETLY TRASHED. I pulled the tub out a few years ago because it was cracked and leaked. ( she never bought one to replace it) The moisture from that destroyed the floor through here room and some warping and soft areas into the next room.
So now the roof is shot. Dad said he has $ to replace it, but with the damage she had done to the inside, i need to figure out if its worth more than the cost to fix it.
I'm encouraginghim to find his own place, but i dont think he will. Sorry to say, but Dad wont be with us forever and shes gonna have a rude awakening...

I seen that Mike :cheers: I am thinking a 7.0 1/8 mile car :coffee2: Saweeet ride I bet :color:

I can't figure how to download it here so all of you can enjoy. I don't think it is a You tube video.

Good morning! Raising kids is hard, not that I ever tried, I give you guys a lot of credit. I think unconditional love is the most important thing. Seems like not everyone is capable of that though.

When you get into step-parents, things can really get tricky!

Man we were busy last night at work. Another older server and I out-worked and out-sold the younger crowd. Tired as heck today.

That's cool to show the others up at work... :D

When I was 16, I worked in a 10 min oil change. One Saturday me and the guy working my bay got pumped up. He worked up top, I had the bottom. We kept up with the two other bays by ourself. We had a car coming in every 5 minutes, the manager was doing the tire pressure and running the register, he started commenting on how he couldn't get away from the cash register as we kept sending them out so fast, putting the other two bays in the weeds... :violent1:

We kept the pace up until 2:30 when there were no more customers waiting and straggled in after that. We almost beat the record for our "sister" shops around town for the best day. If the customers would have kept up steady all day and not dropped off, we could have. :banghead:

For every one car the other two bays put out, we did two... :cheers:

Aint families great!
My son went through a few years of extreme party phase, dropped out of college etc. Hasent lived at home since going off to start college, so he has managed to keep a roof over his head through it. Hes 24 now, works full time and getting his act together.

Picked my daughter up at college yesterday. Shes doing really well. We stopped at my Dad's on the way back...
My sister (48 yrs old) lives with him. He is 85, has lost sight in one eye and numerous medical issues that limit him. She has been on disability for years for 'abdominal pain'. I dont doubt she has an issue, but I have no clue how she continues to collect. She will have a huge problem getting work if they cut her off.
They share a large mobile home. Bedrooms on opposite ends, so set-up is pretty nice for 2 adults. It was in excellent condition and about 10 years old when they got it 16 years ago. She got the master bedroom end with its own bath. Her area is COMPLETLY TRASHED. I pulled the tub out a few years ago because it was cracked and leaked. ( she never bought one to replace it) The moisture from that destroyed the floor through here room and some warping and soft areas into the next room.
So now the roof is shot. Dad said he has $ to replace it, but with the damage she had done to the inside, i need to figure out if its worth more than the cost to fix it.
I'm encouraginghim to find his own place, but i dont think he will. Sorry to say, but Dad wont be with us forever and shes gonna have a rude awakening...

Is she at least helping out with dad??

That is a great help when they get to that age. I had to help mom at the end also...

Cool story Karl. It makes all the difference when you can see the fun in working hard and even better when you have a partner. I like things to go smooth and some coworkers seem to put up roadblocks for themselves which I have no patience for.

Cool story Karl. It makes all the difference when you can see the fun in working hard and even better when you have a partner. I like things to go smooth and some coworkers seem to put up roadblocks for themselves which I have no patience for.

I hear you.

funny fact. the guy that worked the top of my bay that day was named "Ron Howard" and had a red 73 Challenger 340 4 speed car while he worked there...

Well I have to get going, I got a call from Chuck (Sedanman) and he's interested in my old 69 Valiant fender, so it's loaded up and I'm gonna meet him at the show and swap in Glendale... :glasses7:

I'm off like a prom dress.... :D

Is she at least helping out with dad??

That is a great help when they get to that age. I had to help mom at the end also...

She gets him to appointments and not much more.
They were out when we got there. we go in and the kitchen is a mess. Now i didnt really expect it to be perfect, but the stuff on the counter hadnt been moved in months. I cleared the counter and wiped everything down trashed half of it and organized so there was a couple feet of open space. They came back with stuff to make sandwches. My daughter and i go in the living room to talk with Dad for a few minutes thinking sis is getting the sandwich stuff out. I go out and she had everything put away and a vase of flowers on the counter i just cleared. So I pick them up and loudly sit them down on the other side of the sink and say' how bout if we use this nice clear space to make sandwiches'. She stood there clueless. Then we start getting our food and i thought she was going to make Dad a sandwich, never happened. My 18 year old daughter stepped up and made it for him while sis stood there. I dont get it, but have given up hope of her changing. I need to figure out how to handle the situation. He is crossing the line where he cant take care of things himself . Its tough for me cause hes 2 hours away from us. She has benefited from him for so many years, i thought she would reciprocate, but now im questioning if shes even capable. I am his POA and have every intention of acting on it very soon...

Our son Nicolas passed away from cancer, 15 year ago, our only child. I am so jealous when I see children and there parents. O, Nicolas was only 11 month old. You need to really embrace every min you can with your loved ones. MT

Our son Nicolas passed away from cancer, 15 year ago, our only child. I am so jealous when I see children and there parents. O, Nicolas was only 11 month old. You need to really embrace every min you can with your loved ones. MT

Sorry to hear that.
Couldnt agree more. Its bad enough people do it at all, but sometimes the worst ones for not caring or flat out taking advantage of each other are within our own families.

Nothing, waiting for that big orange circle in the sky, been up since one.

Every day is the weekend here Keith! Talking about weekends, Next weekend is no good for me, Marilyn just informed me she wants to go to the beach!

the ex, her husband, her mom & dad came in last night for son's graduation. He had to work but the rest of us went to dinner and had a good time. :D

He has a practice walk this morning and then tonight is the graduation. :)

I'm gonna bring an air horn to blow when they call his name. They don't like it, but too bad. (It's easier to ask for forgiveness than get denied permission...) I have a right to celebrate that he's finally done with grade and high school!!! Woo-Hoo!!! :blob:

We always blow off air horns at graduations, it's a tradition... All they will do is take it away after they hear me blowing it. Last time I saw which trash can she threw it in and got it back.... :color: (I was really blowing two of them that time, but only surrendered one... LOL! How can they prove that both of the horns were me... ) :glasses7:

They keep trying to build a nest in my grill. I cleaned it out yesterday. Just opened it when i had the dog out. They already have more in it.

Blackbirds? I finally got a cover to keep them out or do what I didlast few years and fire it up and they will not go back with the smell. Better to do it while their in it! Orkin guarantee there!

Every day is the weekend here Keith! Talking about weekends, Next weekend is no good for me, Marilyn just informed me she wants to go to the beach!

I have a Robin's nest on one of my gutter down pipes. I see them flying outside my window all the time now... :D

It's too high to see if she's layed her eggs yet... :violent1:

the ex, her husband, her mom & dad came in last night for son's graduation. He had to work but the rest of us went to dinner and had a good time. :D

He has a practice walk this morning and then tonight is the graduation. :)

I'm gonna bring an air horn to blow when they call his name. They don't like it, but too bad. I have a right to celebrate that he's finally done with grade and high school!!! Woo-Hoo!!! :blob:

We always blow off air horns at graduations, it's a tradition... All they will do is take it away after they hear me blowing it. Last time I saw which trash can she threw it in and got it back.... :color: (I was really blowing two of them that time, but only surrendered one... LOL! How can they prove that both of the horns were me... ) :glasses7:

Troublemaker! LOL

Attachments

• Devil-Grohl.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 61
-
Back