MOPARMITCH 804
krazykuda 687
dartnabout 605
toolmanmike 565
Rainy Day Auto 511
zkx14 366
Old man ray 159
GeorgeH 134

Ha this just shows who the talkative one...uh excuse me "ones" are! You go there Hops...you beat me out again! Ha ha ha

You know it's kinda odd that I have been googling 74 dusters and I have found quite a few with the 75 grille.

I wonder if late in the 74 model year they started using 75 parts. 74 was the highest number of dusters ever produced in a single model year so they had to have been flying out the factory doors that year.

That would explain why my 74 duster shell has the bump in the floor for a catalyitic converter which is supposed to be a 75 + thing

I may be wrong but back in the day the NEW cars came out in September. So you could get a 1975 Dart as early as September 1974. Threew the years and several title changes most didn't notice that they had a 1975 model titled as a 1974. Just a theory. I have a couple bikes in the same catagory but I go by the Vin number on the frame.

I think most years in the late 60s early 70s the date for the new model year started on August 1.

The duster shell I have says July/ 19 / 1974 on the fender tag ....so a few more weeks and it would have been titled a 75 ......I think.

if they started making them on august 1 then it would make sense that orders would start being filled by late august into September by the time they were shipped and dealer processed.

maybe

I think most years in the late 60s early 70s the date for the new model year started on August 1.

The duster shell I have says July/ 19 / 1974 on the fender tag ....so a few more weeks and it would have been titled a 75 ......I think.

if they started making them on august 1 then it would make sense that orders would start being filled by late august into September by the time they were shipped and dealer processed.

maybe

Mine is a '75 - build date 8/5/75

I am on mountain dew again .....I had quit the stuff around thanksgiving and last week I fell off the wagon and bought a case of it and now there are empty dew cans all over my room and have not been sleepy for awhile.:tard::shock::shock:

What's the world coming to. I knocked off the toddies too. I sleep much better!

maybe

Usually they ramp down production in early June and start changing over for the new model year.

They stagger the launches so the engineers can support more than one each year. Sometimes engineers have to support more than one launch, depending on what they work on. The new models launch between end of June and late July.

For brand new models, they usually hold the vehicles for a month until some preliminary testing on the first production models can be done to make sure that there are no "hidden surprises" that come out during testing. This way they can fix the problems and avoid a recall or TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) to fix them.

Sometimes they can make changes early that are for the next model year if it is still compatible, that's called "pulling ahead" the changes. That could be why your 74 has a 75 floor pan. By pulling the change ahead, it's one less thing that they have to pay attention to at model year launch, as it has already been launched or in production.

Hopefully that clears up some confusion... :???:

Morning guys, runnin late for work today.
Congrats on your posting achievements Hops! LOL
Your like a posting madman or is it a MAD poster?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 61
-
Back