Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Whew! I'm glad I only have to do this once per year. Wrapped up the bills and banking for 2016 and did a full accounting of everything. I'm ready for taxes next year when the W2s come in...and all my files are organized and up to date. It was a bit complicated with switching jobs, selling a house and documenting the consulting work.

In more fun news, my wife and daughter are in full-on cookie baking mode! So far today it's been chocolate chip, crackle cookies and chocolate chip lava muffin cookies (melted chocolate centers). Gingerbread is up next and at least 5 more kinds on the list that I haven seen yet...the house smells wonderful!

cookies 1.jpg

cookies 2.jpg

cookies 3.jpg

I got a quick look at the rest of the baking list before they chased me away...

Sugar cookies
Oreo cookie drops
Peppermint chocolate cupcakes
Oh henry cookie bars
Hermits

There were at least 3 more on the list that I didn't get a chance to read before my wife handed me a cold beer and said "Shoo!"

I got a quick look at the rest of the baking list before they chased me away...

Sugar cookies
Oreo cookie drops
Peppermint chocolate cupcakes
Oh henry cookie bars
Hermits

There were at least 3 more on the list that I didn't get a chance to read before my wife handed me a cold beer and said "Shoo!"
that's a good woman right there - was it already opened too?

Whew! I'm glad I only have to do this once per year. Wrapped up the bills and banking for 2016 and did a full accounting of everything. I'm ready for taxes next year when the W2s come in...and all my files are organized and up to date. It was a bit complicated with switching jobs, selling a house and documenting the consulting work.

In more fun news, my wife and daughter are in full-on cookie baking mode! So far today it's been chocolate chip, crackle cookies and chocolate chip lava muffin cookies (melted chocolate centers). Gingerbread is up next and at least 5 more kinds on the list that I haven seen yet...the house smells wonderful!

View attachment 1714998996

View attachment 1714998997

View attachment 1714998998
They wouldn't be safe here!

Hmm, tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary date of this thread!
Seems like it's been longer than that sometimes...and like it was just yesterday other times.

It's been just over a year since I first posted here...and yet it feels like I've known a lot of the folks here for far longer than that. Like a group of old friends that have been hanging out together forever.

Seems like it's been longer than that sometimes...and like it was just yesterday other times.

It's been just over a year since I first posted here...and yet it feels like I've known a lot of the folks here for far longer than that. Like a group of old friends that have been hanging out together forever.
Kind of like a year in really bad therapy!

-
Back