Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok..Gotta Go... Put together some Christmas Toys for my Granddaughter ... See Yalzzzzz....

I put the car cover on it, and turned the heat on in the garage. I was thinking of what I should do to it over winter and Im going to take care of the wiper pivot leak and rear window leak. I dont want to pull the rear window, but I think it needs to be pulled and resealed. but I was wondering if I could just shoot byutl sealant around the gasket...

I put the car cover on it, and turned the heat on in the garage. I was thinking of what I should do to it over winter and Im going to take care of the wiper pivot leak and rear window leak. I dont want to pull the rear window, but I think it needs to be pulled and resealed. but I was wondering if I could just shoot byutl sealant around the gasket...
stop driving it when it's crappy out - problem solved :D

actually Ramie - there is no substitute for doing it right... that might work, but redoing it properly will... or at least really should

I did it ......couldn't resist

I bought a starter HO scale model railroad set on Feebay.

I am back in the model railroad scene. I missed it.

I got a vintage set with a high nose GP-40. Mega cool.

I like the older stuff from the 80's and 90s the best ...plastic. I know the more "serious" crowd gets into brass this and that but I still prefer plastic because I am a live plastic Barbie (everyone knew that) so I like the plastic stuff. Tyco is my preferred brand but the set I bought was cheap.

now to add to it and start construction..............whenever it gets here.
I have a vintage Gilbert American Flyer 'S' gauge set that I inherited from a friend...it still has all the original boxes too! I just scored another 20' of track for it a couple of months ago. I need to set it up and run it. Maybe during the Christmas break.

Train set.jpg

ehh.. that really increases the potential for getting pulled over
But if the cops chase you, just cut the cord and the cover peels away and covers their windshield while you escape!

"Last seen, grey cloth cover car doing burnouts at 12th and Main. Ummm...sorry dispatch...I didn't see which way he went."

I would really like to have a new windshield put in since my original is very pitted and could be part of the leak on the floor. When I had it out in the rain last summer I got home and had half the spare tire well filled up with water. It leaks that bad... Since the gasket is only 2 years old and not that much outdoor sun time on it do you think its still good or should I get a new one?

But if the cops chase you just cut the cord and the cover peels away and covers their windshield while you escape!

"Last seen, grey cloth cover car doing burnouts at 12th and Main. Ummm...sorry dispatch...I didn't see which way he went."
the escape plan - of course!

I would really like to have a new windshield put in since my original is very pitted and could be part of the leak on the floor. When I had it out in the rain last summer I got home and had half the spare tire well filled up with water. It leaks that bad... Since the gasket is only 2 years old and not that much outdoor sun time on it do you think its still good or should I get a new one?
IF you get new glass - get a new gasket too - hell, if you use the old glass get a new gasket - that is the more likely weak link

how sure are you that the car is straight?

Cool...Pics..Or it didn't happen...:poke:

this is a feebay pic of one very similar to the one I bought ....only difference is the one I am getting has the high nose GP-40 which has me totally happy because I am real particular about the small things like that and I am very picky about my Gen 2 Diesels.

these sets are old ....vintage early 90s.

s-l1600.jpg

this is a feebay pic of one very similar to the one I bought ....only difference is the one I am getting has the high nose GP-40 which has me totally happy because I am real particular about the small things like that and I am very picky about my Gen 2 Diesels.

View attachment 1714999938
you're such an awesome "nerd" -- :thumbsup:

And mine are from 60's through 90"s

my local hobby lobby used to have a lot from the 90s when I was originally my first set up in the early 2000s

I am only biased to that era because that was when I was a "kid" and my first memories of things. :usflag:

the early 2000s were my "magical" times because everyday was a new discovery....especially because that was around the time I had just moved to the U.S. ....so everything, I mean everything was a new discovery everyday LOL

View attachment 1714999938
I always wanted a Santa Fe train set. That particular train fascinates me. I've done a bunch of art around it...
Santa Fe Special 10a.jpg

Santa Fe 1d1.jpg

Santa Fe Cord 9.jpg

And a train I completely fabricated...

Train Blue Flyer 2.jpg

-
Back