Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
hahaha I think one of my buddies still has a few cans of that stuff. It didnt work for him! He was so mad that he bought it.

While the Flex-Seal comment was a joke, I actually did fix leaky window seals back in the day by running a clean bead of black silicone around the outside and along the inside edge against the glass. I just masked it all off and used a wet finger to smooth it out before removing the masking tape and the finish again with a wet finger. No one could ever tell that I had done it and it stopped the leaks every time...even on cars with rotted window channels.

so question .....

when you stack firewood, is it correct to stack it so the bark is up or facing down ??

I know there is a right and wrong way to keep it dry but I don't remember which way
You should stack with bark side down on the lower levels of the pile to stop wood from absorbing ground moisture . Then stack bark side up on the top layers to help rain run off and keep the stack dry. In the middle, it doesn't matter.

You should stack with bark side down on the lower levels of the pile to stop wood from absorbing ground moisture . Then stack bark side up on the top layers to help rain run off and keep the stack dry. In the middle, it doesn't matter.
Genius!

Of course if the pile is at least a foot off the ground and fully exposed to weather, stack all of it bark side up to shed the rain through the stack.

if you have side by side washer and dryer .....which one should be on the left and which on the right.

I had a new washer and dryer installed today and they put the dryer on the left and the washer on the right ...I am not sure that is correct ??

Hey, what are you saying? It was perfect, want to know why? Neither the front or rear window's have flown out yet! LOL
As far as I know Hoppy never had any problems after we did his. My back on sealed ok, but I had to do metal repairs. My front glass was a total PITA. Had to do it twice and still had other leaks to deal with

Toolmanmike's avatar takes new meaning for me today ....I had a brand new maytag set installed.

Maytag was the only brand I could find that can be verified MADE IN USA ( cost a lot more but worth it if Americans will have a job)

The only downside is the washer is a top loader so I have to tippy toe and I cant reach the bottom of the drum (my old washer was a front loader)

Despite the top loading problem, its a great machine that is bigger and more powerful than my old one

CIMG0023.JPG

CIMG0025.JPG

if you have side by side washer and dryer .....which one should be on the left and which on the right.

I had a new washer and dryer installed today and they put the dryer on the left and the washer on the right ...I am not sure that is correct ??
Only alphabetically should the dryer come before the washer..

Only really matters if you have front loaders with door hinged at side. Doors need to open outward. I forget which, but one of ours is fixed and other can be switched so that meant washer had to go left and dryer right.

Only really matters if you have front loaders with door hinged at side. Doors need to open outward. I forget which, but one of ours is fixed and other can be switched so that meant washer had to go left and dryer right.

yup, what I thought ....the installers put the dang dryer on the wrong side. dang dang ......the installers were kinda careless and rude so I should have known

yup, what I thought ....the installers put the dang dryer on the wrong side. dang dang ......the installers were kinda careless and rude so I should have known
They did it acording to where your water is located for the washer. Is there a vent for the dryer?

Toolmanmike's avatar takes new meaning for me today ....I had a brand new maytag set installed.

Maytag was the only brand I could find that can be verified MADE IN USA ( cost a lot more but worth it if Americans will have a job)

The only downside is the washer is a top loader so I have to tippy toe and I cant reach the bottom of the drum (my old washer was a front loader)

Despite the top loading problem, its a great machine that is bigger and more powerful than my old one

View attachment 1715000013

View attachment 1715000014
That's backwards since the dryer door should open so that you can take the wet clothes out and toss them in the dryer without having to go around the opened dryer door. If you can reverse the dryer door so that it opens the other way, it would solve that little issue.

The Maytag website seems to indicate that all of their dryer doors can be reversed. Check the owners manual or installation manual for that model.

its running now ...just washed a load so as soon as its done I was going to check if the door can be reversed.

OMG! My daughter decided to dip a couple of pieces of that deer jerky we got from Mitch in chocolate. It must have been good because she ate both pieces before I could get a picture!

I just got my old rail books dug out ....I love these books because I have had them for a long time and I learned a lot by reading them cover to cover .....many many times

CIMG0029.JPG

of all of them this one is probably been the one I have been glued to the most ....it shows the difference between each model of locomotive and explains why they were built the way they were.

It's a great little book for locomotive identification

CIMG0030.JPG

-
Back