Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
so the guy wants 1500 for that roller. I think that's pretty fair, even though it doesnt have a trans/engine. This car looks to have been restored at one point recently. guy just wanted the engine/trans for his valiant(i'd sold the valiant as the dart is in better shape but hey, that's just me)

honestly, i'm tempted to buy it at the 1500 he wants and build my car from there, it'd save me time and money in the long run. Though my 74 would have to go .

You guys are lucky, this area everything got scrapped when scrap was up, very seldom you see anything sitting anywhere.
Hey George,
You probably do the most painting on the coffee crew.... How much paint will I need for the Duster? How many coats is normal for either SS or BC? Outside only, canopy vinyl top. Any areas that have been worked on are Rustoleum 'rusty metal' red spray primer. I will be going over most of those with their 'almost black' primer cause I found out on the engine bay it covers better than the red which is nearly the same as the finish color for some reason. It all went on pretty nice, so was not planning to prime/seal the whole thing. Not sure if I will just do SS like I did for bay and jambs, or BC. Does base cover better than SS? I am happy with the way the SS looks. I keep seeing people saying go BC for metallic. Just not sure that I can spray good enough to get it right with SS, and I know the BC would give me the chance to fix any oops after its done. My original plan was to shoot it in my driveway, but I realize even a little breeze could be disaster. So, not sure where it will get done or who will be pulling the trigger.

so the guy wants 1500 for that roller. I think that's pretty fair, even though it doesnt have a trans/engine. This car looks to have been restored at one point recently. guy just wanted the engine/trans for his valiant(i'd sold the valiant as the dart is in better shape but hey, that's just me)
My Duster was 1100 and total rust bucket. I would have been way ahead to buy a rust free car like that at that price...

Bring it here lift day we will shoot it around dusk!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Seriously if you want to use the shop for a week let me know in advance.

You guys are lucky, this area everything got scrapped when scrap was up, very seldom you see anything sitting anywhere.
a lot did here as well, however, in the vast farming area, just as much didn't. Especially when Indiana requires a current title and note from BMV stating they have cleared the car to be crushed started several years back.

My Duster was 1100 and total rust bucket. I would have been way ahead to buy a rust free car like that at that price...
i know right? my wife would kill me. especially after I have most of the new sheet metal for my 74. hmmm choices choices.

Bring it here lift day we will shoot it around dusk!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Seriously if you want to use the shop for a week let me know in advance.
Definitely a possibility. Not planning to take much off to spray. Most likely leaving some trim off till painted. Probably remove tail and marker lights. Stuff that is fairly easy... Not sure how long it would need to sit before reassembly and driveable?

My base coat clear was one day I let it sit the temp is the biggest part of it. The hardest part is blowing the shop out.

Primer when I do it I think I will try something else that self levels (enamel maybe) . Mine will prob be done sometime this summer, I should be able to get away with not doing the jams again but definitely want to do the engine bay this time around.
Tell you what paint is not cheap when you add it all up for sure. I might try that Dimension at surplus city 98 a gallon and they match paint.

I asked Chuck the guy we got the clips from how much to block and spray he said 3k friends price. He is going to hate me I cannot afford that.

Primer when I do it I think I will try something else that self levels (enamel maybe) . Mine will prob be done sometime this summer, I should be able to get away with not doing the jams again but definitely want to do the engine bay this time around.
Tell you what paint is not cheap when you add it all up for sure. I might try that Dimension at surplus city 98 a gallon and they match paint.
I am trying to figure out my paint cost. BAPS quoted me 45.90/qt on SS PPG JEB. That's what I used on bay and jambs. It gets cut 4:1:1 IIRC. judging by previous results I figure I would need 3 coats using 2-3 qts. Not sure what gets added to the Basecoat. That's 57.28/qt. But if I go that route I then need probably a gallon of clear which is another bill... I don't need a 'show' finish. If I could get a good clean shoot with SS I would be happy.

Nice the jams are done. It is always nice to have a bit leftover for touch ups also a few ounces. Never shot that stuff so no idea of the coverage, need to check the gun tip size needed that's where I screwed up with the CC.

-
Back