Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Why leave the trim on? you will hate it later for a few hours more work.
No, I'm saying I won't put it on till after... Probably leave the grill in and bumpers on. Which will require some careful taping like at the bumper inserts. And the door hardware, window seals... Wheel well trim and window trim next to paint will mostly be off till after paint.

I asked Chuck the guy we got the clips from how much to block and spray he said 3k friends price. He is going to hate me I cannot afford that.
3k is CHEAP for that kind of work, i bet materials alone is half that.

I am trying to figure out my paint cost. BAPS quoted me 45.90/qt on SS PPG JEB. That's what I used on bay and jambs. It gets cut 4:1:1 IIRC. judging by previous results I figure I would need 3 coats using 2-3 qts. Not sure what gets added to the Basecoat. That's 57.28/qt. But if I go that route I then need probably a gallon of clear which is another bill... I don't need a 'show' finish. If I could get a good clean shoot with SS I would be happy.
that's cheap.... the paint im looking at is 4 times that per quart.....

He is a perfectionist so it is well worth it.
I asked Chuck the guy we got the clips from how much to block and spray he said 3k friends price. He is going to hate me I cannot afford that.
Yeh, as nice as that sounds it is completely out of the picture for me. I need to make this happen for about a tenth of that.

Keith next time you are around Carlisle check out that surplus city for paint and supplies they seem to have everything reasonable do not know if there is one near you though, might be.

Here is a thought for you we somehow get it up here in the spring and prep it over a few weekend? Tike does have a car trailer!

ouch so painful and so artistic at the same time ...

I would hit it .........with my trailer

I was joking earlier about selling when the price goes up, I am saving it all for my kid I don't have yet ....I still think I have a chance to have my own baby....if not and I die first then I will donate everything to certain fabo members :steering:

this car from the vintage junkyard pics thread on FCBO

AAmAzvZ.jpg

AAmAzww.jpg

my wife is going to pop an artery but since I got that front end kit, I have decided to do another car... just gotta find the right one

-
Back