Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
This Storm Will Likely Undergo Bombogenesis

An area of low pressure will explosively intensify near the New England coast Sunday night into Monday.

In fact, Winter Storm Orson is expected to undergo bombogenesis during the Sunday night into the Monday evening time period.

In order to meet the criteria of "bombing out," the central pressure of a low-pressure system must drop at least 24 millibars within 24 hours. This typically happens when there is a large temperature gradient, usually between a cold continental air mass and warm sea-surface temperatures.

Storms that reach this threshold are accompanied by very heavy precipitation and strong winds, which is what is currently anticipated with Orson. Thundersnow and blizzard conditions can occur.

It's global warming.... :p

Bombogenesis? I like bombogenesis!

As in

"She has a nice pair of bombogenesis..."

DD 02.jpg

DD 01.jpg

Yep, Bombogenesis. It's term coined by the Weather Channel shortly after they started the convention of naming every storm that shows up. Only those guys could come up with names to make normal weather phenomena seem more dramatic and threatening.

It doesn't really mean anything other than a sudden tightening and deepening of a low pressure weather system...just like they have done numerous times in the past.

Next they will be talking about "Thermal Cascade Precipitation Avalanche"...

It's when the conditions change so that normal rain suddenly becomes heavy rain because the temperature in the upper atmosphere dropped dramatically...

Previously known as a normal Summer pop-up thunderstorm that dumps a lot of rain in a small area. :rolleyes:

any you all checked out this Live PD show?

I've seen a little of it, not watched a full episode yet...

It's like "Cops" live... ["cops on steroids..." - LOL :D]

So far what I've seen, the cops pretend to be too nice, trying to sway public opinion in their favor... They're much nicer than the cops that I have encountered...

Could be more government propaganda to sway public opinion on cops since the recent egg in their face for going way beyond their bounds (and covering it up)...

I prefer First 48 or Joe Kenda - Homicide Hunter on discovery ID....

I've seen a little of it, not watched a full episode yet...

It's like "Cops" live... ["cops on steroids..."]

So far what I've seen, the cops pretend to be too nice, trying to sway public opinion in their favor... They're much nicer than the cops that I have encountered...

Could be more government propaganda to sway public opinion on cops since the recent egg in their face for going way beyond their bounds (and covering it up)...

I prefer First 48 or Joe Kenda - Homicide Hunter on discovery ID....
first 48 is great - this is so-so... I have seem kick the heck out of one or two suspects... a guy last night got his face mashed into the rocky soft shoulder of a highway after running... he came up pretty bloody

The 3 sure signs of Global Warming...

1. The temperature rises
2. The temperature falls
3. The temperature remains the same

Who caused the global warming when the Ice Age melted???? :mob: :realcrazy:

It's the natural changes on the planet... :drama:

-
Back