Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Had a little emergency with the wifemobile. She was a few miles away and her '09 Journey overheated. There is a small hole in the top of the overflow blowing off steam. I filled it with water and it ran fine at normal temp to get it home. It blew off most of the water I added in just a short drive though. I know that not being able to hold pressure will lower the boiling point and make it steam off that much quicker. Just wondering if that hole alone is likely the problem?

Damn, sorry to hear about the problems. We have a '14 Journey, but I honestly have no idea if that would be a problem.

mine was mellow - cleaned up last nights snow and vegged out for the day... I'm guessing the F it all juice I had this morning worked :lol:

Nice! LOL Yesterday hit 47* was a record for us. Today was 40. It was just like spring..

Just wondering if that hole alone is likely the problem?

There's a joke there somewhere, but it escapes me right now...

Add another hole so the first one won't be lonely...

How do you feel about the rectum as a whole???

Master bait... good pun... :thumbsup:
Back when I worked for DuPont, I was assigned to a work team who's job was "Odor Abatement" from chemical processes. My boss thought it was funny and bought us all t-shirts that said "Master Abater".

Senior management didn't share the humor and we were banned from wearing them. :(

Pretty mellow here too, you?
Pretty low key as well. Just got my hairs cut in the morning, and ran errands with the wife. Its nice being able to walk and actually leave the house with out it being a chore.
No, they stabbed it my brother said, then threw it back overboard

Chris, hows the boy doing?

How was everyones Saturday?

Calm...

slept in a bit to get used to my new second shift schedule...

Then stripped a few things off the Cherokee as we were in the mid 40's today.....

Soaking dishes now so I can wash them and then start some steaks for dinner....

Then maybe go to my buddy Doug's place to hang out with him, since I can't during the week when I work - I get out too late to hang with him...

Or see if the kid wants to do some work on the car when he gets home soon...

How was everyones Saturday?
Mine was so so, good for the most part though I had to go rescue my buddy. His 64 Rambler he's almost done restoring had a major issue. Newly rebuilt AMC 360, he split the oil line going to the factory mechanical oil gauge . Ran the thing dang near empty on oil before he made it to my place. Ran him to get a new line and oil, luckily we don't think it hurt the motor, took the magnetic drain plug out, nothing stuck to it so hopefully the engine is ok

Mine was so so, good for the most part though I had to go rescue my buddy. His 64 Rambler he's almost done restoring had a major issue. Newly rebuilt AMC 360, he split the oil line going to the factory mechanical oil gauge . Ran the thing dang near empty on oil before he made it to my place. Ran him to get a new line and oil, luckily we don't think it hurt the motor, took the magnetic drain plug out, nothing stuck to it so hopefully the engine is ok
oh, I bet that's a friggin' mess

Pretty low key as well. Just got my hairs cut in the morning, and ran errands with the wife. Its nice being able to walk and actually leave the house with out it being a chore.

Chris, hows the boy doing?
Better than ever believe it or not. Literally running, he went from struggling with his balance to full on running . And he loves his football we found at great grandparents

IMG_0489.JPG

My son has a friend who's dad has on old AMC... I think it's a 64 Rambler also with a stock straight 6 in it... It looks like there is an external oil line on that one also...

oh, I bet that's a friggin' mess
Yeah all down the passenger side inner fender. I hosed it out while he was replacing the line from inside the car. Lucky it didn't catch on fire, headers were right there just didn't get touched by the oil

-
Back