Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
how friggin' cool is this!?
00A0A_il6qF2zy8Rv_600x450.jpg

That sounds really high, I really do not know though.
thats what i thought. And I know from working in insurance, they are harder than hell to insure. Meaning more expensive sq ft compared to a built home. Especially since I'd still have the basement and all the sewage and utlity costs. Nice part is though, they do come fully furnished and can be ready to move into in about 2 weeks. But compared to the home i custom designed at menards for 96k in materials that is twice the size.....I mean surely 60k in labor would build it, not counting the basement and the hook ups.

Some of them are really nice, still a trailer home though.
Not sure what the current architecture is on them, but Even 25 years ago there were some good ones. I saw one go together. Other than being delivered in trailer size section, there was nothing cheap about it. If anything it was probably above 'built on site' standards at that time. 2 story home came on 4 trailers. Set on full basement foundation. When done, there was no way you would know it was a mod.

There was one around here like that you would never know it. Chris these on trailers or a full basement type?

Too cool I have a apple tree the woodpeckers destroyed. They definitely are around here. Welcome to the coffee shop by the way.
Thx! Lol, one of the other techs at work is having a battle w/the smaller variety trying to destroy his house, thank the apple tree! About a year after moving here, I would hear
what sounded like someone tacking on the fence posts up back, just figured that's what they were doing. But after walking the edge of the woods and the field(I eventually bought that 2 acres), I realized there wasn't anything like that going on up there. One morn I stopped upon hearing it again, waited watching, then saw it working it's way
around a tree! Not the machine-gun like smaller ones, TACK TACK TACK!, so loud and forceful, I just stood there & watched it hammer that tree.
Oh, 'bout an hour straight south of Pgh., ..........

They sure are noisy for sure, constant last summer, the tree just broke in half the other day. Guess they will move next summer, prob to the pear tree!

Caught up here...interesting reading. Really great to see Mitch's Vietnam trip surpassed all expectations. Coming home is bittersweet because you realize for all we have here, other cultures who have less, have other qualities that we don't have. They share more of themselves, for one thing, just naturally without thinking about it. I can see missing the pretty girls, they look like dolls and are very friendly.

theyre delivered on trailers but then set on foundations or basements.
Generally they can be very well built, most of your concern is handling/transporting/assembling damage & how it is handled. I've seen a lot of trucks rolling double wide halves
down the highway 75 mph! They used the lot by previous shop i worked at as a stop over, always some kind of damage, loose/missing shingles/siding etc., occasional impacts.

Generally they can be very well built, most of your concern is handling/transporting/assembling damage & how it is handled. I've seen a lot of trucks rolling double wide halves
down the highway 75 mph! They used the lot by previous shop i worked at as a stop over, always some kind of damage, loose/missing shingles/siding etc., occasional impacts.
yeah i was wondering about that too. Plus to me, I really want a log style or barn style home, my wife, she changes her dang mind so much, I have no idea what she wants.

yeah i was wondering about that too. Plus to me, I really want a log style or barn style home, my wife, she changes her dang mind so much, I have no idea what she wants.
So many options to consider and ways to go about getting into a new home. You're smart Chris, I'm sure you'll get it worked out.

So many options to consider and ways to go about getting into a new home. You're smart Chris, I'm sure you'll get it worked out.
yeah the goal is next year so i figure we can spend some time figuring it out.

My wife, my brothers, and his girlfriend tried to kill me today. They made me go ice skating.... I sucked lol

-
Back