Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There's a few tricks, but it's mostly patience.
I'm no stranger to sprayguns. Been a while, but once upon a time I did furniture refinishing. Also was a sprayer at John Knoll woodworking in Chalfont for about a year ...about 30 years ago. Just never did a whole car.

Where do you paint now? What kind of ventilation, etc? As you may have caught earlier - I likely will do mine at Hoppy's place Big garage high ceiling. No direct ventilation, just open the bay doors. At my place it would be outside in the driveway. Which I think I could pull off, just afraid I would use way too much paint.
I put in an exhaust fan and put in some ducting where I can run paint exhaust filters on the exhaust so it catches the solids going out. and a curtain wall. When i paint i pressure wash and let it dry over night, and then wet the floor and walls down when i'm ready.

There's a few tricks...
Moving-picture-dog-flips-hot-dog-on-nose-animated-gif.gif

I put in an exhaust fan and put in some ducting where I can run paint exhaust filters on the exhaust so it catches the solids going out. and a curtain wall. When i paint i pressure wash and let it dry over night, and then wet the floor and walls down when i'm ready.
So obviously a respirator, but what else needed. Like for the acrylic stuff I plan to use. I just wore mask and long sleeves when painting outside. Much more dangerous in enclosed space? Most videos I see they look like they are going into space.:eek:

So obviously a respirator, but what else needed. Like for the acrylic stuff I plan to use. I just wore mask and long sleeves when painting outside. Much more dangerous in enclosed space? Most videos I see they look like they are going into space.:eek:
I don't know if it's just getting older, different crap in the paint or just absorbed too much over the years, but seams the stuff gets to me way quicker than it used to.

I could write a book on the hazards. niosh respirator, paint suit, even if it's a cheap *** paper on one , latex gloves, cuffs taped, head sock. Paint respirators if stored properly are good for 10 hours paint time according to 3M.

I don't know if it's just getting older, different crap in the paint or just absorbed too much over the years, but seams the stuff gets to me way quicker than it used to.

Umm, you can build intolerance to where you have allergic reations.

Umm, you can build intolerance to where you have allergic reations.
With paint it's just not feeling good/headache if I get too much. No different than before except seems to take less to bother me. I do have a real problem with some chemical that is used in candles, lotions, glade air fresheners and fake grape stuff like cigars. That will actually make me sick. I get nauseous and feel like I have the flu. That's been going on for a long time.

With paint it's just not feeling good/headache if I get too much. No different than before except seems to take less to bother me. I do have a real problem with some chemical that is used in candles, lotions, glade air fresheners and fake grape stuff like cigars. That will actually make me sick. I get nauseous and feel like I have the flu. That's been going on for a long time.
I guess I better not invite you up here to go to the Yankee Candle - f**king place is brutal - you'd probably pass out 10ft. into the place... I have been in there ONCE - the scents are overwhelming.. and even if you do make it through without getting a headache (it gave me one) when you leave it stays with you... too much to the nth degree

get you a fresh air helmet then

-
Back