Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey here is a cool tip for you, I have started using black appliance paint on parts I blasted, great epoxy paint for 5 a can!

I actually thought of putting a 360 / truck OD in the coronet .....but its almost like a B-body needs a 383 + ....dang they are huge cars.

I like 360s of the small block family ....at one time I had a running 340 car at the same time as a running 360 and I compared and I think the 360 outran the 340.

for the what you get from a 360 and for the cost .......cant go wrong at all. I still find 360s for $169. + core at my pick - a - part

360's are very good engines.

They have more stroke than a 383/400....

3.58" for the 360 vs 3.375 for the 361/383/400 big block.

Some good torque potential.

The 74 Charger I had ran well with a 360, plenty of torque to get the heavy b-body going. The 318 that we tried in it, was not enough...

If you're going B or E body, the 360 is a great engine to go with.

If you need any tips for yours, let me know. I've been doing SB's for over 30 years....

Morning David

Memi why 2.45 gears?

The tag on the rear end showed 2.4? , not my choice of gear set but the rear end is in great shape and all there for $75.00 , I for got the gear but it was a tall gear :glasses7:

The tag on the rear end showed 2.4? , not my choice of gear set but the rear end is in great shape and all there for $75.00 , I for got the gear but it was a tall gear :glasses7:

It will be fine in the 66 Valiant with a 360. You will have plenty of power to get that light body up and down the road. The highway gear will be nice for economy and top end....

I peferred the 2.76 in my old Barracuda over the 3.23 that I eventually swapped in...

It will be interesting to see how Victoria performs with the combo. I'm betting you will be satisfied.:D

I wish I could find one here for 75, I am meeting with a guy thurs to pick up a rear for 200.
if you want gears let me know I usually have 3.73 or 3.55's around from the dana 35's I strip.

Hey if that is a 2.45 gear the differential is different than most, kind of thinner than one for a 2.76 and down FYI found that out after I bought the track lock!

I agree know that I think about it, tall gears will be a blessing for road trips, I think the rear end could be 2.76, the rear came out of a V8 duster..

The 2.45 seem far and few between. That's why I still have the diff, hoping it will sell at Carlisle this weekend or I may steal the clutches out of it since they are new.

I wish I could find one here for 75, I am meeting with a guy thurs to pick up a rear for 200.
if you want gears let me know I usually have 3.73 or 3.55's around from the dana 35's I strip.

Back in the 80's I got a good deal like that once.

One of the local junk yards had a duster with an 8 3/4 rear. He wanted $75 for it, then I also wanted the drive shaft from the car. He wanted $10 more for the drive shaft. When I paid him the extra for the axle, he gave me the wrong "change" back. Instead of paying $85 for the two, I ended up paying only $65 for the axle and drive shaft.

Many years later my brother discovered that it was also a sure grip.... BONUS!!!!

I agree know that I think about it, tall gears will be a blessing for road trips, I think the rear end could be 2.76, the rear came out of a V8 duster..

Either way, I would try it first before changing to another gear.

If a 360 can throw my old 74 Charger body down the road, it will have no problem throwing your Valiant down the road. (BTW the Charger was no bigger than 3.23, in fact I think it was in the high 2.xx ratio....)

You can always get a couple of ratios, and swap them back and forth as you want until you figure out which one that you like best...

Back in the 80's I got a good deal like that once.

One of the local junk yards had a duster with an 8 3/4 rear. He wanted $75 for it, then I also wanted the drive shaft from the car. He wanted $10 more for the drive shaft. When I paid him the extra for the axle, he gave me the wrong "change" back. Instead of paying $85 for the two, I ended up paying only $65 for the axle and drive shaft.

Many years later my brother discovered that it was also a sure grip.... BONUS!!!!

SCORE !! :cheers::cheers:

Either way, I would try it first before changing to another gear.

If a 360 can throw my old 74 Charger body down the road, it will have no problem throwing your Valiant down the road. (BTW the Charger was no bigger than 3.23, in fact I think it was in the high 2.xx ratio....)

You can always get a couple of ratios, and swap them back and forth as you want until you figure out which one that you like best...

Will do, first thing todo is get it home and
check it out closely and rebuild it if needed, the duster had 82K on it, he showed me the dash and said the rearend was good to go :glasses7:

Later y'all, it's back to work tomorrow so time to get moving, going to enjoy some beach time with a couple friends.

It will be fine in the 66 Valiant with a 360. You will have plenty of power to get that light body up and down the road. The highway gear will be nice for economy and top end....

The old C bodies used to get 15+ mpg on the highway with a 383-2 and those gears.

I am really starting to think th 8 1/4 is the most underrated rear going, the dana 35's take a lot of abuse in the jeeps.

I am really starting to think th 8 1/4 is the most underrated rear going, the dana 35's take a lot of abuse in the jeeps.

Hell yea ! they put them in big @$$ Ramchargers :glasses7: they must be a great rear end Ray Sr. :cheers:

Later y'all, it's back to work tomorrow so time to get moving, going to enjoy some beach time with a couple friends.

Sounds like a great day, I have not seen the ocean in 44 years or more :glasses7:

I just finished up the first official rear disk set up for the 8naquarter that is going to carlise for sale yesterday, I have to take some pics.

Time to get moving !! The floors and Buddy will not get cleaned by there self folk's

My son Creed loves this look he said :D

Attachments

• 00I0I_dbBCJsM0Slw_600x450.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 38
-
Back