Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Alex on the Left..
GOPR1566.JPG

Just got home from helping my VN buddy Alex. He was kicked out of his last Barber Shop location ( tenant ), because they sold the property to someone, and they had different plans for it. Last year , this is, He went to a location , not too far away, with a relative that also had a Barber Shop. But they did not get along, at all. Fast Forward, He put a contract on a business condo unit nearby ( to Own ) his own Shop, back in Nov. We talked extensively about this , while we were in VN. So I am helping him with all the logistics and permits and construction , so he can be up and running by March. He is a good man, and truly needs the help. Today, we just checked out the new location , and made a plan to re fit the space. He lives around 40 mi from here, so , last night he stayed at my house , and had dinner. I'm very happy to help Alex, since I have come to know him much better in the last month. I'm sure, he will do well. His clients like him a lot.

Ready to upfit a bodyshop? Hear there's quite a bit of paint work needs done on that side of the bridge! Lol

Advance Auto was a PITA. They have the Zerex G-05 so was going to get oil and filter too. Looked at specials... Jug of Mobil Syn with a Pure one filter for 24.99 looked pretty good. plus 2 individual qts of same oil. So totals to around $80. Doing the math in my head as I am leaving and...crap they didn't give the discount. So I go back in and the sale card on the shelf was old, plus I had gotten the 'Boss" filter that an associate said I could pay upcharge cause the didn't have the 'one'. Anyway they tried to talk me into something else with cheap filter. Nope, took my antifreeze and returned the rest. Went across the street to AZ and saved $20. :icon_fU:

Advance Auto was a PITA. They have the Zerex G-05 so was going to get oil and filter too. Looked at specials... Jug of Mobil Syn with a Pure one filter for 24.99 looked pretty good. plus 2 individual qts of same oil. So totals to around $80. Doing the math in my head as I am leaving and...crap they didn't give the discount. So I go back in and the sale card on the shelf was old, plus I had gotten the 'Boss" filter that an associate said I could pay upcharge cause the didn't have the 'one'. Anyway they tried to talk me into something else with cheap filter. Nope, took my antifreeze and returned the rest. Went across the street to AZ and saved $20. :icon_fU:

You in "the zone" brutha lol

That Sucks... BTW... Whatever Happened to the Old Independent Part Stores ?? JK...Please don't Ask...

Lively day for youse guys. I been vacusucking the yard to get ready for spring. I'm a giant dirtball now.. or dirt bag if you like..

dirt bags can be cool to hug on a hot day because the dirt keeps cool. ever try it ?? so being a dirt bag is actually cool !!!

I am so happy, there is another girl who has a 74 valiant more door on fabo ....seems like she might be a kick *** kind of girl and is actually hands on the car. I like that so much more than the damsel in distress air heads that have come and gone. (good riddance)

if you going to roll a mopar and kick *** then you better have your wrenches ready to go in a blaze of glory, wrench hard or die trying!!!!

sometimes before I start on the car, I like to jam something that gets the mood right and gets you pumped to pull some engines and weld everything is sight...

It was a gloriously warm 67° day here...and I was still too sick to take advantage of it. I couldn't do much more than open the garage door and sit in a chair with the sun on my face for a while.

I really wanted to get the new tires mounted on the new wheels for the GTS, I just wasn't up to it. Maybe by Monday I will be up for getting it done since we are off for Presidents Day.

I really hate being sick.

It was a gloriously warm 67° day here...and I was still too sick to take advantage of it. I couldn't do much more than open the garage door and sit in a chair with the sun on my face for a while.

I really wanted to get the new tires mounted on the new wheels for the GTS, I just wasn't up to it. Maybe by Monday I will be up for getting it done since we are off for Presidents Day.

I really hate being sick.
I'm with you - feel like chit, didn't sleep for chit, didn't do chit - a full on chitty day

-
Back