Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I haven't seen a spout for that can yet, but I'm sure they are out there somewhere. I did find the NATO style can in the smaller 2.5 gal size though...

Amazon.com: NATO Style Jerry Can - 10L (2.5 gal.) - European Military Spec: Automotive

71aiku%2BKYyL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah but I think it's designed for water, it's got like a ceramic coating in it. Mine has water only stamped into the handle
Yep. I did some quick research and the Monarch cans like that were water only. The only ones with spouts had it build into the base of the can like a spigot out of the side.

Yep. I did some quick research and the Monarch cans like that were water only. The only ones with spouts had it build into the base of the can like a spigot out of the side.
That's cool. I wish I knew a way to confirm this was still usable for water. God only knows what's been in this can

So today was another beautiful day out. I spent most of my time in the garage. I got my neighbors snowblower about 90% together and just waiting on one part. Then that will go back home. Set my pop up fish house out to dry and put that away. By this time my foot was hurting pretty bad. I came in and sat down for about an hour or so, then went back to to start working on my Sno Runner. I have a order coming with a new track and some parts for this and next winter I'll be cruising around on it. Here is some of it reassembled.

IMG_20170219_163414090.jpg

He is pretty much back to the way he was before the incident. No signs that he even knows it happened. He doesn't seem to be going after the staples either so they must not be bothering him much.
That's good I suppose. I tellyou with my grandmother having the same thing scares me. though caught very early, she got caught about 15-16 years ago or better, so far her memory is fine but it's her motor skills like talking and such that have been difficult. Essentially like deciding a toddlers early conversations. You get one word out of 10, then piece together the rest. Made understanding my 3 year old easier but that's the only plus

So today was another beautiful day out. I spent most of my time in the garage. I got my neighbors snowblower about 90% together and just waiting on one part. Then that will go back home. Set my pop up fish house out to dry and put that away. By this time my foot was hurting pretty bad. I came in and sat down for about an hour or so, then went back to to start working on my Sno Runner. I have a order coming with a new track and some parts for this and next winter I'll be cruising around on it. Here is some of it reassembled.

View attachment 1715019764
kick *** - I knew a guy who had one years ago - they are fun as hell

kick *** - I knew a guy who had one years ago - they are fun as hell
Feeling any better?

I scored when I got this. My boss bought a house to flip and in a shed in back he had 5 motorcycles and this. I bought everything and flipped it all in 2 days. He ended up more or less paying me $250 to take it, but not directly! That just paid for the parts I bought for it. Now I just need to find a high performance muffler for it and it will be even more awesome!

That's good I suppose. I tellyou with my grandmother having the same thing scares me. though caught very early, she got caught about 15-16 years ago or better, so far her memory is fine but it's her motor skills like talking and such that have been difficult. Essentially like deciding a toddlers early conversations. You get one word out of 10, then piece together the rest. Made understanding my 3 year old easier but that's the only plus
That's the thing with Alzheimer's. It affects everyone differently. Where in the brain the deterioration happens determines which skills you retain the longest (or lose first). How fast it progresses in very individualized too.

I have observed nearly 60 patients at my fathers facility and have seen over 25 of them come in and pass away in the past 4 years. Only a few where there when my father arrived. He's one of the last still there from back then. Average life expectancy is around 10 years from diagnosis but that's increasing now. Not because treatments are better, but because they are detecting it earlier.

The number one protection against it is to keep your brain constantly challenged and growing so that you have a greater depth of cognitive complexity built up to survive the onslaught of the disease. The deeper and stronger your brain is wired, the more logically and mentally disciplined you are, the better your chances of holding it off longer.

In other words, scatterbrained people living in the moment go down hard and fast when ALZ comes to get them.

Feeling any better?

I scored when I got this. My boss bought a house to flip and in a shed in back he had 5 motorcycles and this. I bought everything and flipped it all in 2 days. He ended up more or less paying me $250 to take it, but not directly! That just paid for the parts I bought for it. Now I just need to find a high performance muffler for it and it will be even more awesome!
yea - I seem to be slowly getting better - thanks! Those things are rare now aren't they? Didn't they outlaw them like they ended up doing with the 3 wheeler ATV's?

That's the thing with Alzheimer's. It affects everyone differently. Where in the brain the deterioration happens determines which skills you retain the longest (or lose first). How fast it progresses in very individualized too.

I have observed nearly 60 patients at my fathers facility and have seen over 25 of them come in and pass away in the past 4 years. Only a few where there when my father arrived. He's one of the last still there from back then. Average life expectancy is around 10 years from diagnosis but that's increasing now. Not because treatments are better, but because they are detecting it earlier.

The number one protection against it is to keep your brain constantly challenged and growing so that you have a greater depth of cognitive complexity built up to survive the onslaught of the disease. The deeper and stronger your brain is wired, the more logically and mentally disciplined you are, the better your chances of holding it off longer.

In other words, scatterbrained people living in the moment go down hard and fast when ALZ comes to get them.
Yeah still though I'm not sure I'm tough enough mentally to handle it when she gets to the later stages. I'm especially close to her and seeing it as it is breaks my heart. I feel for you a lot dave and I pray for a miracle cure for all

-
Back