Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
yea - I seem to be slowly getting better - thanks! Those things are rare now aren't they? Didn't they outlaw them like they ended up doing with the 3 wheeler ATV's?
No I dont think they ever outlawed them, They just didnt sell when Chrysler had them so they sold them for pennies to another company. They slapped a sno rabbit sticker on them and sold them in the back of magazines for $200. This was one of those, but the sno rabbit sticker came right off and its now back to its original identity. Yes they are hard to find. I've been watching Craigslist all winter and I've seen 3 of them. Not a single one was in great condition and they all needed a lot of parts.

Ive never had to deal with Alzheimer's. Although my dad had a cancerous brain tumor back in 94. It was sitting in the middle of his brain and resting on the brain stem. They were able to remove the majority of it and treat the rest with Chemo. However, they short circuited some things and I had to watch him over the next 20 years go from a grown man to a child. He passed away 3 years ago, but let me tell you that was certainly difficult as well.

Ive never had to deal with Alzheimer's. Although my dad had a cancerous brain tumor back in 94. It was sitting in the middle of his brain and resting on the brain stem. They were able to remove the majority of it and treat the rest with Chemo. However, they short circuited some things and I had to watch him over the next 20 years go from a grown man to a child. He passed away 3 years ago, but let me tell you that was certainly difficult as well.
Yeah I just pray if I ever come down with it, I can still function enough to pull the .45. I'm not gonna torture my family like that.

No I dont think they ever outlawed them, They just didnt sell when Chrysler had them so they sold them for pennies to another company. They slapped a sno rabbit sticker on them and sold them in the back of magazines for $200. This was one of those, but the sno rabbit sticker came right off and its now back to its original identity. Yes they are hard to find. I've been watching Craigslist all winter and I've seen 3 of them. Not a single one was in great condition and they all needed a lot of parts.
I just found an ended auction on ebay for a restored one - over 1700 bucks

Yeah I just pray if I ever come down with it, I can still function enough to pull the .45. I'm not gonna torture my family like that.
My goal if I ever get put into a nursing home is to find the nearest stairs and try to off myself.. I know I will only make it half way down the hall before they push me back to my room, but it will give me something to do everyday.

My goal if I ever get put into a nursing home is to find the nearest stairs and try to off myself.. I know I will only make it half way down the hall before they push me back to my room, but it will give me something to do everyday.
Naw. Don't do that. Weed will be legal then. Lol

Yeah still though I'm not sure I'm tough enough mentally to handle it when she gets to the later stages. I'm especially close to her and seeing it as it is breaks my heart. I feel for you a lot dave and I pray for a miracle cure for all
The hardest part is accepting that the person you are seeing and interacting with on any given day is not the person you knew. There are only shadowy bits and pieces of their former selves that you will see and desperately want to believe are still functioning like they were. But they aren't. It's just the remnants of it that still function, the rest is all new like a baby trying to learn the world...except in reverse.

A baby remembers and builds on it, an ALZ patient doesn't...and loses anything they learn as fast as they learn it...along with progressively more of what they had learned in the past. Most die when the brain destruction gets to the most protected part of the brain, the autonomic systems that control breathing, swallowing and heart beat. More than half die when they lose the ability to swallow and either slowly drown from fluid getting into their lungs or from an infection caused by that fluid.

if you ever need to care for someone with ALZ, educate yourself and read everything you can find. Don't trust any one opinion and build your own based on the composite evaluation of all you find. Also, never stop educating yourself...new stuff comes out every day.

In the end, all you can do is make sure they are safe and cared for. The rest is out of your hands. Forget about trying to "make them happy", it will only leave you emotionally wrecked. That's just an illusion that the person you knew is somehow still in there and you just have to find a way to get through to them. They aren't, and you cannot reach them.

Just make sure they are safe and cared for...until the end.

The hardest part is accepting that the person you are seeing and interacting with on any given day is not the person you knew. There are only shadowy bits and pieces of their former selves that you will see and desperately want to believe are still functioning like they were. But they aren't. It's just the remnants of it that still function, the rest is all new like a baby trying to learn the world...except in reverse.

A baby remembers and builds on it, an ALZ patient doesn't...and loses anything they learn as fast as they learn it...along with progressively more of what they had learned in the past. Most die when the brain destruction gets to the most protected part of the brain, the autonomic systems that control breathing, swallowing and heart beat. More than half die when they lose the ability to swallow and either slowly drown from fluid getting into their lungs or from an infection caused by that fluid.

if you ever need to care for someone with ALZ, educate yourself and read everything you can find. Don't trust any one opinion and build your own based on the composite evaluation of all you find. Also, never stop educating yourself...new stuff comes out every day.

In the end, all you can do is make sure they are safe and cared for. The rest is out of your hands. Forget about trying to "make them happy", it will only leave you emotionally wrecked. That's just an illusion that the person you knew is somehow still in there and you just have to find a way to get through to them. They aren't, and you cannot reach them.

Just make sure they are safe and cared for...until the end.
Hard to "like" your post but i appreciate and resect the insight. What a terrible disease.

Hard to "like" your post but i appreciate and resect the insight. What a terrible disease.
yeah, there's no "liking" it...only understanding it. Then accepting it.

If only more money was available to study it and find effective treatments. It will cost billions of dollars and leaving it to the private Pharmaceutical companies will take decades to find treatments. They can only spend hundreds of millions trying stuff for so long before they walk away to keep their bottom line intact.

This will require a massive public initiative on probably a Global basis to tackle. Unfortunately, Globally we are still too focused on killing each other than working together to save each other.

People continue to die by the millions while Humanity is busy posturing in the "my village against yours" stupidity. Together we are capable of almost anything, separately we only get Global things accomplished if there is profit in it.

In other news, I think I may be finally kicking this sinus bug. I keep going back and forth between feeling great and completely lousy in waves.

I think the immune system battle is starting to sway in the favor of the 'good guys'...

In other news, I think I may be finally kicking this sinus bug. I keep going back and forth between feeling great and completely lousy in waves.

I think the immune system battle is starting to sway in the favor of the 'good guys'...
Interesting you mention the wave. Feeling good one day and like dog poo the next. After a week I'm almost back to normal.

Interesting you mention the wave. Feeling good one day and like dog poo the next. After a week I'm almost back to normal.
I'm hoping to get the taxes done tomorrow. I got everything organized today to do it, but that was all I had for energy.

I've given up on the GTS for this weekend. Maybe next weekend.

Feeling any better?

I scored when I got this. My boss bought a house to flip and in a shed in back he had 5 motorcycles and this. I bought everything and flipped it all in 2 days. He ended up more or less paying me $250 to take it, but not directly! That just paid for the parts I bought for it. Now I just need to find a high performance muffler for it and it will be even more awesome!

Get a beehive/fart can off an import.... :steering:

Put your head between your knees and lean forward...

That's how I roll... :D

If I'm ever on life support, unplug and plug me back in to re-boot me...

Hey Karl, I'm planning to put MP 0.920 torsion bars on my GTS to match the SS rear springs. Sound right to you?

Hey Karl, I'm planning to put MP 0.920 torsion bars on my GTS to match the SS rear springs. Sound right to you?

Sure, we put 1.000" on the front of our 71 4 door with SS in the back (with a SB)....

Not on the road yet to get an opinion...

I've read people happy with the 1.030" bars on the street also...

-
Back