Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I just found a couple of nice pics of the back ends of a 73 and a 74 - - not so sure they are that much different..
View attachment 1715021231
View attachment 1715021232

they are a lot different ....try taking each one apart. The structures behind the bumpers are completely different. The bracing in the trunk is different ...where the bumper mounts on the later one is also different. you can convert one way or the other but its going to be changing tail panels and some work involved

M2 shared a recipe for Chicken Chili this morning. I had the ingredients. Damn it's good! Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

20170224_135429.jpg

they are a lot different ....try taking each one apart. The structures behind the bumpers are completely different. The bracing in the trunk is different ...where the bumper mounts on the later one is also different. you can convert one way or the other but its going to be changing tail panels and some work involved
oh yea yea - I was more looking at the quarter panel... ignore the tail panel and bumpers...

many people don't realize the marker location slightly changed after 74 when they went to the body mounted tail lights
Went through that wit the Pop glad I saved the old metal, had to go with 2 door panels I could not find 4 door.
Rani I sent you a PM.

The really funny part is for it to go from Oakland to Sacramento it had to drive within 200 yard of my house!
I think something is up at the Sacramento hub. That's how one of the calendars I sent you wound up in WA state for a week.

Well I think I got everything pretty squared away on the drivers side, I will have to modify the quarter just a little bit to get the 70 to mount flush. It is about an inch too short length wise. But I can make it work, the quarter even if I had stuck with the 74 tail panel would have been too short by an inch. I'd heard one of the reasons they stopped stamping the 73-76 panels were because something was wrong with the die, I'm guessing this maybe it. Some work to do yet though on the passenger side but lots done today even with the hospital trip

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

Damn it your going to make me read back to find out about the hospital trip arent you..... I dont like going backwards!
Yeah my 3yr fell off the top of some playground equipment at preschool and bruised herself up

Yeah my 3yr fell off the top of some playground equipment at preschool and bruised herself up
I just found that. Ouch! Hope she is ok... Reminds me of the metal playground equipment in grade school. I dont know how many kids I watched fall and break something... Ohhh the good ol days

Well I think I got everything pretty squared away on the drivers side, I will have to modify the quarter just a little bit to get the 70 to mount flush. It is about an inch too short length wise. But I can make it work, the quarter even if I had stuck with the 74 tail panel would have been too short by an inch. I'd heard one of the reasons they stopped stamping the 73-76 panels were because something was wrong with the die, I'm guessing this maybe it. Some work to do yet though on the passenger side but lots done today even with the hospital trip

View attachment 1715021256

View attachment 1715021258
That's AMD? For the price of their panals that's BS. I'd be looking for some coin back if you are sure it's off that much.

That's AMD? For the price of their panals that's BS. I'd be looking for some coin back if you are sure it's off that much.
Yes sir, new in box looking at the marker lights closely, I think they shipped me a quarter for a 71/72. My marker lights are higher and 4 inches farther forward on the stock 74 than the new quarter. It's not a big deal as they are gonna get welded shut any way. The wheel opening lines up perfectly as does the jamb. Its almost like the last 1 inch of the panel cut cut off and bent over to make the quarter extension flange.

-
Back