Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Boy we had some storms here last evening. The state had snow plows out pushing stone and stuff off of the roads

Nice weather coming here for a few days. Low humidity. Gonna push the GTS outside tomorrow and squirt some more primer in the engine bay. Then it's back to that dad gum sandpaper AGAIN.

Don't yea love it :D If my shoulder will let me I will be pulling my passenger side fender this morning while it is below 90 degrees :glasses7:

Boy we had some storms here last evening. The state had snow plows out pushing stone and stuff off of the roads

We got pounded yesterday, power is still out near by and trees laying on top of a few homes, glad that day is over #-o

I have got to get paint in the engine bay before the end of the month. I have the drive train ready, and need to get the car under it's own power by the end of the month. As I need to get the Cuda out of my trailer and inside, since I promised my buddy he could use the trailer in Aug.

Karl, are those antenna parts and an installation tool ?

Close, the headlamp nut, and windshield wiper nut, and a tool I designed to remove them.

All I need to do is find a place where I can 3D print the tool.

I'm not sure about the nuts, as the thread is an oddball and I'm not sure where to get a tap and die for it.

It's 7/16" diameter, but has 24 threads per inch, where standard 7/16" fine thread is 20 threads per inch... However on my software, there is a listing for 7/16" 24 thread on my design software, but I've never heard of that thread myself...

I could use the tool if I can get one 3D printed in a material that will be strong enough...

My son and his friend say that there are companies where you can have them print it out... I wonder what it costs...

Or wait until next month and see if one of my teachers at school will let me print it...

I'm assuming that the nuts will be metal. 7/16 x 24 is a machine size. Not all that common but used here and there. Do A and E use those nuts ? I'm pretty sure my 68 A does.

Close, the headlamp nut, and windshield wiper nut, and a tool I designed to remove them.

All I need to do is find a place where I can 3D print the tool.

I'm not sure about the nuts, as the thread is an oddball and I'm not sure where to get a tap and die for it.

It's 7/16" diameter, but has 24 threads per inch, where standard 7/16" fine thread is 20 threads per inch... However on my software, there is a listing for 7/16" 24 thread on my design software, but I've never heard of that thread myself...

I could use the tool if I can get one 3D printed in a material that will be strong enough...

My son and his friend say that there are companies where you can have them print it out... I wonder what it costs...

Or wait until next month and see if one of my teachers at school will let me print it...
Morning all you Moparites. Karl, those taps are available through MSC and other suppliers.

I'm assuming that the nuts will be metal. 7/16 x 24 is a machine size. Not all that common but used here and there. Do A and E use those nuts ? I'm pretty sure my 68 A does.

The way to make the nuts in metal may take a little more effort.

Usually the 3D printing is some type of plastic. I could print out the nuts in plastic, then my son's friend suggests to make a mold off of that if it is to be made like the original.

There may be two ways to try the threads.

One is to just have them printed out in the mode., but I don't know how accurate the thread generator in the program is compared to real world.

Second option is to mold/print them as "blanks" and run a tap or die down them to put the thread in. this way will make sure that any "estimates" in the model for the thread are not a problem...

3D printing is good to prove out the geometry of your model, but may not be a strong enough to live in the "real environment"...

Dang you Mitch. Chasing everybody off like that! I thought it was me but I just took a shower so they'll come back. Lol

I think I Sharted !!

Haha reminds me of a funny story, I was having a drink with a pretty coworker after work, some creep kept texting her wanting to get together, finally to have some fun she texted "I sharted," his reply was "I have a shower," by this time we were laughing so hard...

Good morning, have a great day everyone!

-
Back