View attachment 1715024926
Height
View attachment 1715024927
Overall width
View attachment 1715024928
This look like yours?

And how do you get the headrests out?
Measurements look good :thumbsup:
The headrest have a tube with a metal spring retainer clip holding them in the seat. Remove the 4 screws down into the seat and they come right out. Phillips shorty... The 2 screws going up into the headrest just hold a plastic cover piece on. it is a moulded plastic assembly. Rods do not come out of the headrest

So is that seat from another car you are working on?

Last edited:
Measurements look good :thumbsup:
The headrest have a tube with a metal spring retainer clip holding them in the seat. Remove the 4 screws down into the seat and they come right out. Phillips shorty... The 2 screws going up into the headrest just hold a plastic cover piece on. it is a moulded plastic assembly. Rods do not come out.

So is that seat from another car you are working on?
Yep. Headrest removed, hogrings cut, cover removed from seat frame. Easy peasy. Little woman found auto vinyl locally. She'll cut the cover apart and use as a pattern. Day or two and she may have something together..

This seat is from a 73 Swinger i bought as a parts car. Swiped the discs, rearend, 318/904 for the barracuda.. then i found the 73 Dart Sport.. bunch more parts swap.. big win for me

Been trying to get familiar off the beaten path, so many places to explore around here. Here's one neighborhood.

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

Does anyone remember the Mr. DC piston character from Mopar back in the day?

I have been looking for a picture of it for a long time and I finally found one to work from. I put this together in the style of the day...

Direct Connection Mr DC 2.jpg

Fez is a coworker with 86 Camaro. Built 406 that is going to kick my *** unless he spins out of the hole.

Busy day today. Just put a roast in the oven, doing laundry, watching the race, and checking out FABO. Time to get off my feet for a while. Been in the tool truck cleaning sockets and wrenches. Dang, I should have taken a before picture. Those display racks were filthy! Much better now.View attachment 1715024919
Oh how I miss those days on the tool trucks! My wallet not so much!:lol:

Yep. Headrest removed, hogrings cut, cover removed from seat frame. Easy peasy. Little woman found auto vinyl locally. She'll cut the cover apart and use as a pattern. Day or two and she may have something together..
This seat is from a 73 Swinger i bought as a parts car. Swiped the discs, rearend, 318/904 for the barracuda.. then i found the 73 Dart Sport.. bunch more parts swap.. big win for me

I was wondering if you were actually removing it or if she was measuring it stretched on the seat...
Are you using the seatbelts? Not sure if they are same as my 75, but I am looking for the front center belts with good plastic shells the belt goes through. and my shoulder belt, especially driver is faded. Even tried dye and it only darkened a little.

I was wondering if you were actually removing it or if she was measuring it stretched on the seat...
Are you using the seatbelts? Not sure if they are same as my 75, but I am looking for the front center belts with good plastic shells the belt goes through. and my shoulder belt, especially driver is faded. Even tried dye and it only darkened a little.
I'll see if the Sport has belts. The belts from the Swinger look awesome, and they're black. I'll be using them if the others are gone. If not, I'll give you whichever set i aint using (obviously the second best set! But they'll be free!)

I'll see if the Sport has belts. The belts from the Swinger look awesome, and they're black. I'll be using them if the others are gone. If not, I'll give you whichever set i aint using (obviously the second best set! But they'll be free!)
I like free. LOL I wasn't sure if they were black. Some got colored ones. I have seen burgundy, green, blue... My 2 center ones have cracked plastic where the second belt comes out the side. :( Otherwise they are fully functional. Pretty sure my seatbelt light and buzzer even work.
Did the 73's have the PITA seatbelt starter interlock like '74? I guess they sensed all 3 front seat positions and all belts were wired...:eek:

I like free. LOL I wasn't sure if they were black. Some got colored ones. I have seen burgundy, green, blue... My 2 center ones have cracked plastic where the second belt comes out the side. :( Otherwise they are fully functional. Pretty sure my seatbelt light and buzzer even work.
Did the 73's have the PITA seatbelt starter interlock like '74? I guess they sensed all 3 front seat positions and all belts were wired...:eek:
There is a sensor under the driver seat. No idea if its hooked.to buzzer or interlock or just a light, all the wiring appears to be there tho. I'll find our eventually..

There is a sensor under the driver seat. No idea if its hooked.to buzzer or interlock or just a light, all the wiring appears to be there tho. I'll find our eventually..
Ok, just curious...If its just driver and a wire in driver belt, that is similar to my late '75. 74 was a mess... Had a lot of switches Im just interested in when they started and stopped some of the safety and emmisions stuff. I want to try to figure out dates they made some of the changes...

I would have to say that I am in love with this grille, the more I look at it....its bad ***.

when I first saw the car I was thinking the 60s slab side cars had more character but now I keep looking at this car and I think I had the wrong idea ...dang, this car is sweet

View attachment 1715023469
My dad bought a brand new 71 Fury 4 dr . His had a 360 2 bl. I do remember doing a valve job on it years later. When I removed the drivers valve cover, to my amazement, there were two head bolts sitting in the hole that were never ran down let alone torqued! Since my dad bought it brand new it must have come from the factory like that! It made it like 120- 140K miles Like that. I really liked that big ole tank.

I really hate when my CEO is in Australia. I just got barraged with a bunch of stuff he wants me to do ASAP tomorrow since it's already Monday morning over there. :BangHead:

Jeez, it's still my weekend here and I'm going to bed...stop shortening it just because you are there. Put a send time on your e-mails at least so they don't transmit until morning here. I really don't need a bunch of stuff to start thinking about just before I'm about to crawl into bed.

Ugh!

-
Back