Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
hell I wouldnt take one if someone paid me 11 pennies plus gave me the car.

The SRT caliber is not too bad. Think I am selling my Car trailer. Friend wants it and he said I can use it whenever I need it. O Morning

The SRT caliber is not too bad. Think I am selling my Car trailer. Friend wants it and he said I can use it whenever I need it. O Morning
That's what I'm looking at, '09 SRT4 Caliber in Deep Water Blue

Anybody ever work on a heater box in newer Mopar? Wifes 09 Journey has dual temp control for driver/passenger. There are separate controls LO -HI that operate doors inside. Only one heater core. Drivers side gets good heat, passenger does not. It does change temp from ice cold to luke warm, so the blend door is moving. Stuff I read talks about flushing the core, but not sure that makes any sense since its all one and it is heating one side. I did just flush the whole cooling system, but not the heater directly. Problem started before that. I'm thinking the door inside is not sealing at the end. I pulled the glove box and can see the thing move when I change temp. I'm thinking I might pull the actuator off and see if I can move the door by hand. I REALLY do not want to pull the dash. From what I have read its $1500+ for dealer to do it depending what parts they need internally can easily be over $2K :eek: Have lived with crappy AC in the Magnum last few years for same reason. That's a complete dash pull to do the evaporator which I believe has a slow leak.

Anybody ever work on a heater box in newer Mopar? Wifes 09 Journey has dual temp control for driver/passenger. There are separate controls LO -HI that operate doors inside. Only one heater core. Drivers side gets good heat, passenger does not. It does change temp from ice cold to luke warm, so the blend door is moving. Stuff I read talks about flushing the core, but not sure that makes any sense since its all one and it is heating one side. I did just flush the whole cooling system, but not the heater directly. Problem started before that. I'm thinking the door inside is not sealing at the end. I pulled the glove box and can see the thing move when I change temp. I'm thinking I might pull the actuator off and see if I can move the door by hand. I REALLY do not want to pull the dash. From what I have read its $1500+ for dealer to do it depending what parts they need internally can easily be over $2K :eek: Have lived with crappy AC in the Magnum last few years for same reason. That's a complete dash pull to do the evaporator which I believe has a slow leak.
I had this problem in my Caliber. The doors are controlled by rods, or depending on the year, separate electronic solenoids, my caliber had the rods and one had gotten bent somehow and not fully opening or closing.

I had this problem in my Caliber. The doors are controlled by rods, or depending on the year, separate electronic solenoids, my caliber had the rods and one had gotten bent somehow and not fully opening or closing.
This has actuator motors. As said, I can see that move. I think it cycles all the way. Not seeing any obvious problem. So figured next step is take that off and try to move the door manually and feel for binding or whatever. Just figured if I get a better idea what is in there. Not finding any good pics online of internal parts.

we all need to remember that Chris believes there hasn't been a decent vehicle made since 1976...

we all need to remember that Chris believes there hasn't been a decent vehicle made since 1976...
Not true. Not even by a long shot.

Off the top of my head

the 78-79 Little Red Express
77-2002 Dodge Pickups
the early to mid 80s chevy trucks
the late 80s-mid 90s Cherrokees
Anything with a Cummins in it.
The late 80s Ford trucks
the 95-2001 Camaro, the late 90s Firebirds/TAs
The 3000GT, though a maintenance nightmare once it hit about 150,000 miles, was a good bang for buck performance car
the New challengers

There is a reason the newest car i own is a 75. Who needs a car payment when these wonders of the 60s and 70s still exist

Time for a quick run in the Fury to the hardware store...been a couple days since it's been driven. Busy week at work but off tomorrow and it's going to be 80 degrees. Treating myself to oysters tomorrow!!

-
Back