Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I bet it is white out side at your place, I woke up at 5 am , the moon had the snow in the tree's and on the ground all lit up here on the hill.

No show here yet... I wonder if it hit TMM yet... Then it should get to me a few hours later... I'm just down the trade wind from him...

Morning. Well the local weather guess folks are calling for a major storm for Tuesday.
Haven't seen it on the tube yet. Looking online at weather.com... Friday they showed 1-3 for Tues, yesterday they upped it to 5-8. Now...it says 8-12 Mon night plus 5-8 Tues and another inch Tues night. 14-20!

I had to close the blinds more, the moon lite woke me up early, I am thinking you are right :lol: Good morning :thumbsup:

I haven't been outside much in the last day, been trying to rest and fight this cold that I have...

I'm doing a little better today, I think that the cold has set in and now I'm starting to get better... I'm through the first stage with the scratchy throat and fever and headache... Now I have to get the mucus out...

I had alot of garlic and tumeric yesterday to help boost my immune system and I think I'm starting to fight this thing off... it's helping, I just have to keep getting my nutrients to help fight it....

I stumbled on a new recipe for tumeric when looking up the spelling. Here's some of the highlights...

Here's what comes up on the google search at the top of the page:

1. Simply pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil. Whisk to combine ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer for up to 10 minutes.
  2. Strain the milk if you have large pieces of ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, etc. To serve, add honey or a dash of cinnamon.
  3. Enjoy warm is best!
If you aren't aware - cinnamon helps control and stabilize blood sugar and helps fight diabetes... It sounds like a very healthy recipie..

Here's what I get when I click the link - very interesting, I may have to try this sometime...

If you’ve never heard of Turmeric Milk, you’re in for a treat. Turmeric Milk is my absolute favorite night time drink other than hot tea. This drink is not only completely comforting, relaxing, and soothing at night, but it’s also extremely nutritious. Turmeric contains loads of nutrients, especially antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds which make this a win-win in my book. Another benefit is it simply tastes delicious! Turmeric has a warm, slightly spicy, bold, and earthy flavor, and when mixed with a hint of sweetness it makes the night cap beverage (sans the alcohol).

Traditionally, Turmeric Milk comes from Ayurvedic practices and medicine in Indian cultures and is nothing new to Eastern cultures. In fact, it’s been known as a “healing spice” and used to help anything from sore throats, colds, flus, and stomachaches to wound healing and treatment of abrasions and skin issues (due to it’s antibacterial and antimicrobial properties). I wrote an in-depth post on the nutritional value of turmeric here, and because it boasts so many benefits, it’s a spice that’s always in my pantry that I use almost daily.

Turmeric milk is not only high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, and healthy fats (especially when using coconut oil), but is also high in manganese and iron thanks to the turmeric. Traditional recipes include peppercorns that actually enhance the absorption of curcumin (the main component found in turmeric). The ingredients in this recipe actually work in a synergistic fashion and help enhance the nutritional value of each other which is another reason why I love this recipe.

Turmeric Milk (vegan) and health benefits of turmeric

Haven't seen it on the tube yet. Looking online at weather.com... Friday they showed 1-3 for Tues, yesterday they upped it to 5-8. Now...it says 8-12 Mon night plus 5-8 Tues and another inch Tues night. 14-20!

Same forecast here. With the typical, if the front moves a couple miles out to sea the numbers will change. So we are watching it. Hell anyone can watch it.

I haven't been outside much in the last day, been trying to rest and fight this cold that I have...

I'm doing a little better today, I think that the cold has set in and now I'm starting to get better... I'm through the first stage with the scratchy throat and fever and headache... Now I have to get the mucus out...

I had a lot of garlic and tumeric yesterday to help boost my immune system and I think I'm starting to fight this thing off... it's helping, I just have to keep getting my nutrients to help fight it....
I am on the same side of this chit as you are, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar and lemon in a jar ! I mixed this up a couple weeks ago, garlic hid in most every dish :thumbsup: No beer at all in the last week, a little whisky and water at night makes for a wet pillow :thankyou: I am doing much better this morning

Sorry Guys... I was online with Vietnamese Family, trying to show them how to get Email... Got git outa here now...Be Back later.

I am on the same side of this chit as you are, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar and lemon in a jar ! I mixed this up a couple weeks ago, garlic hid in most every dish :thumbsup: No beer at all in the last week, a little whisky and water at night makes for a wet pillow :thankyou: I am doing much better this morning

I have tea with lemon, honey, and ginger sometimes when my throat gets sore... Maybe I should try to add a bit of apple cider vinegar to it....

-
Back