Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Being without powr sucks... I lived through the great blackout of 2003 in Detroit when the power grid went down and we had no power for 4 days...

I went shopping and when I turned my back, someone stole my cart... They were almost out of supplies at that store...

I had to re-shop and not leave my cart alone, even for a second...

It was bad.. People couldn't get gas from the gas stations because they had no power either... Some had or bought back up generators to open for a bit until they sold out of their gas... It was almost like going back to early days, every man for himself and watch your back...
QUOTE]
That's gotta be scarey. First thought would be use the last of my fuel to get the hell out of there. But anything you left behind would probably be gone when you got back.

My neighbor behind me had a motor home and asked me if he could buy some gas... I refused...

If I siphoned it all out of the cars, I could get to the middle of the state where they had power and gas...

I remember that Thursday, I was without power for four days and I was on my cell phone to my dad in Chicago telling him that I was planning on coming home until the power came back on, when I noticed the neighbor across the street's front porch light on...

I went inside my house and tried - and the lights came on!!!

So I told dad that I wasn't coming, as it was the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise and was going to stay for the cruise...

If the power had not come on, there wouldn't have been much of a cruise that year... One place even made up some shirts for the cruise that said, "2003 Woodward unplugged" and sold out of them by dinner time on Saturday.... :D

Even though the Dream Cruise is officially for Saturday, many of the locals start cruising a week before... It's one of the largest cruises in the country

Today, the Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day automotive event, drawing 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars each year from around the globe...

History | The Woodward Dream Cruise

I gotta go... The dog just ripped a bad one under my desk...

I gotta get out of here until the air clears.... <holding my breath...>

I believe this tree is red oak. :lol:
Morning, I have two black walnuts here! Go for it Scampy I double dog dare you.
Got some great info on that auto pilot on the FCBO site, seems to be a good group over there.

Man Karl that is a horror story about the shopping. I have all the cars filled up and 10 gallons in cans, worst case scenario I can do the inverter to the wind generator along with the small Gen I have really only need heat, got a grill for cooking, crap need propane!

My neighbor behind me had a motor home and asked me if he could buy some gas... I refused...

If I siphoned it all out of the cars, I could get to the middle of the state where they had power and gas...

I remember that Thursday, I was without power for four days and I was on my cell phone to my dad in Chicago telling him that I was planning on coming home until the power came back on, when I noticed the neighbor across the street's front porch light on...

I went inside my house and tried - and the lights came on!!!

So I told dad that I wasn't coming, as it was the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise and was going to stay for the cruise...

If the power had not come on, there wouldn't have been much of a cruise that year... One place even made up some shirts for the cruise that said, "2003 Woodward unplugged" and sold out of them by dinner time on Saturday.... :D

Even though the Dream Cruise is officially for Saturday, many of the locals start cruising a week before... It's one of the largest cruises in the country

Today, the Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day automotive event, drawing 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars each year from around the globe...

History | The Woodward Dream Cruise
I need to go to this cruise. I hear its spectacular

Man Karl that is a horror story about the shopping. I have all the cars filled up and 10 gallons in cans, worst case scenario I can do the inverter to the wind generator along with the small Gen I have really only need heat, got a grill for cooking, crap need propane!
dont forget your milk and bread

Plenty of that there was a rush on the beer store yesterday though! Seriously almost empty!

Morning guys! Damn snow. I think they are predicting 6-8 here. Well, I have 4 wheel drive and gas for the blower. Gas for the grill, plenty of food and batteries and voltage inverters to keep cell phones charged if needed. I have a good supply of hooch too so bring it on! We usually get half of what they predict so.......

-
Back