Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Why would you want/need to mobile order at Mcdonalds? Just saw they are going to do this...
Good Morning
it's about reducing the labor force. States like Washington and California wanting/or have pushed minimum wage to 15 an hr, if they can perfect the mobile or kiosk ordering, they can reduce their labor costs by 75% or more and eliminate those jobs.

I wouldn't even mine this weather if it was January. Even the snow... BUT BARELY 20 degrees every morning halfway through March. :mad:

it's about reducing the labor force. States like Washington and California wanting/or have pushed minimum wage to 15 an hr, if they can perfect the mobile or kiosk ordering, they can reduce their labor costs by 75% or more and eliminate those jobs.
I get that, but really don't think they can reduce much more. They still need to cook it (or whatever the do to it. Lol) and hand it to you. They usually waiting a moment for the food after they are done at the register anyway.

I get that, but really don't think they can rece much more. They still need to cook it (or whatever the do to it. Lol) and hand it to you. They usually waiting a moment for the food after they are done at the register anyway.
As someone who worked at DQ during highschool for a couple months, We only ran maybe 4 cooks at the busiest times. But had 4 people working drive thru, plus 3 up front taking orders, 2 floaters that would deliver food for inside customers. So going to an automated ordering system, right there cuts 7 jobs(that's just one shift btw), develop a conveyor belt or automated food delivery or even a direct from the kitchen cook to the customer approach and there's 2 more jobs for a total of 9 jobs. Honestly, I think it's gonna happen regardless. Think about it, when was the last time you went to a fast food joint and they had the drink machine behind the counter? Most now a days are self service.

I used to flip Burgers at Burger Chef.... Anyone remember them ? Started working there when I was 14. Had to have a Work Permit. I was Shift Manager by the time I was 16....:thumbsup:

I know I won't get any sympathy here but it's 36 degrees here in central Fl.!
I for one will !! that is cold down there bud !! We are well below our normal temps her in northeast Arkansas :wtf:
but looking forward to Saturday to warm back up to 70 :thumbsup:

I know I won't get any sympathy here but it's 36 degrees here in central Fl.!
good to see you know your audience.. :lol: - I should text my BIL and give him some poop about the cold (he's in Jupiter Fl.)- - but he would just turn around and ask how much snow we got...

I used to flip Burgers at Burger Chef.... Anyone remember them ? Started working there when I was 14. Had to have a Work Permit. I was Shift Manager by the time I was 16....:thumbsup:
no, but I do faintly remember Big Boys

never worked in one - but sure do remember the store that was very near where we lived in Chicopee Mass - every time I got a couple of bucks, I was there..

never worked in one - but sure do remember the store that was very near where we lived in Chicopee Mass - every time I got a couple of bucks, I was there..
I tell you there is one restaurant I wish Indiana had, a Quaker Steak and Lube.

-
Back