Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
LOL! I'm watching my neighbor trying to use his shinny new snow-blower on his driveway that he decide to wait until today to try to clear.

It's a block of ice now and there is nothing for the blower to bite into. He tried a half dozen times and then used a metal dirt shovel to break off the first foot or so of the ice pack. He then revved the blower up and plowed it into the expose edge...

BAM! Locked up the blades on the ice and the shear pin is toast. Now he's out there trying to figure out why the engine is running but the blades aren't turning.

:rofl:

LOL! I'm watching my neighbor trying to use his shinny new snow-blower on his driveway that he decide to wait until today to try to clear.

It's a block of ice now and there is nothing for the blower to bite into. He tried a half dozen times and then used a metal dirt shovel to break of the first foot or so of the ice pack. He then revved the blower up and plowed it into the expose edge...

BAM! Locked up the blades on the ice and the shear pin is toast. Now he's out there trying to figure out why the engine is running but the blades aren't turning.

:rofl:
you have a great mean streak in you - :thumbsup: :lol:

you have a great mean streak in you - :thumbsup: :lol:

OMG, it keeps getting funnier!

He decided to drag the blower back into the open garage and check it out. After much inspection and thoughtful consideration he decided that the problem is...

It needs more fuel!

He topped off the gas tank and dragged it back down to the end of the driveway to try again. He fired it up and now he's repeatedly ramming it into the edge of the ice pack to see if the blades magically engage again...

You just can't make this stuff up!

OMG, it keeps getting funnier!

He decided to drag the blower back into the open garage and check it out. After much inspection and thoughtful consideration he decided that the problem is...

It needs more fuel!

He topped off the gas tank and dragged it back down to the end of the driveway to try again. He fired it up and now he's repeatedly ramming it into the edge of the ice pack to see if the blades magically engage again...

You just can't make this stuff up!
Video

Sorry, no vid or pics. Too far away to get anything on my phone in the dark.

He finally gave up and hauled the blower back into the garage and closed the door.

I don't feel bad for him at all. He and his wife will just have to suffer the burden of walking across 20' of snow and ice covered driveway to get in their new top-of-the-line Audi and Lexus SUVs. Just another example of people with more money than brains.

They can just look over at our 2005 Grand Caravan and 2012 300 C vehicles parked on a nice clear and dry driveway and wonder why...

Sorry, no vid or pics. Too far away to get anything on my phone in the dark.

He finally gave up and hauled the blower back into the garage and closed the door.

I don't feel bad for him at all. He and his wife will just have to suffer the burden of walking across 20' of snow and ice covered driveway to get in their new top-of-the-line Audi and Lexus SUVs. Just another example of people with more money than brains.

They can just look over at our 2005 Grand Caravan and 2012 300 C vehicles parked on a nice clear and dry driveway and wonder why...
They snobby?

They snobby?
Not really, they just come from money and have money...and just don't know anything else. They are ok people, just no perspective.

The part that I roll my eyes at is that they don't know how to have money.

People who really know how to have money know how to provide services for themselves like hiring snow removal, etc. Real money people know how to manage it like a business.

These people only know that they have money...not how to use or manage it.

In a way, I feel sorry for them...but not much.

Well, it looks like tomorrow we enter the land of black ice. Daytime highs above freezing and lows at night well below. All this snow/ice pack will slowly melt during the day and the runoff will freeze at night. It's going to be a week of dangerous morning commutes and late night accidents.

I ran into some this morning where a 1 mile stretch of US Rt 1 was covered in a couple of inches of ice from the melt runoff from the salt laden plow ejection pouring back over the road and refreezing. Had a half hour delay getting through it this morning while 5 PennDOT salt trucks ran over the section trying to treat it so that traffic could get through. That was after they cleared the dozen bent up cars that hit before they knew what it was.

Why would you want/need to mobile order at Mcdonalds? Just saw they are going to do this...
Good Morning

cloudy and very dark outside, I need to put a bell on my dog or a lit collar 36 and the wind is out of the south 8 mph.. Back to 67 and sunny Saturday.. Good morning.

-
Back