Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sent him a e mail see what happens. I have to do some research not familiar with them at all, just cool to say I have a 426!

Starting point 65! That's rough for sure.
true but 426 wedges dont fall off the trees much. I doubt he'd even think about an option under 100. And around here, big blocks like that go for 300ish.

Sent him a e mail see what happens. I have to do some research not familiar with them at all, just cool to say I have a 426!
not much special about a standard 426 wedge. Just a bigger bore 413 RB block, and a smaller bore than a 440. Parts interchange mostly between the 3 as the bores are literally the only physical differences between the block. There were some variations in heads and intakes and exhausts depending on applications. all were factory 4 barrels

I get it - it's cool and all, but unless you're going to DO something with it - it's a boat anchor...
kind of like my 413 MAX wedge block. thing is 10 times rougher than that 426 wedge block hoppy looking at

It would be a rebuild over time for a spare for the pop. Defiantly needs boring, new heads and that is if the block checks out ok, crap shoot for sure.

It would be a rebuild over time for a spare for the pop. Defiantly needs boring, new heads and that is if the block checks out ok, crap shoot for sure.
yeah, i just blew the pics up on the big monitor, you're right, it's actually closer to the same shape of my 413 maxie than I initially thought. yeah, 100 bucks tops.

man, hoppy, my mind been buzzing in circles ever since that phone call yesterday, Ive been playing in my mind over and over and over how to approach my CO and 1Sgt about it

man, hoppy, my mind been buzzing in circles ever since that phone call yesterday, Ive been playing in my mind over and over and over how to approach my CO and 1Sgt about it
Tell them it is very inconvenient and a financial burden to drill there with the lack of lodging etc, you are entertaining moving to a guard facility closer.

Tell them it is very inconvenient and a financial burden to drill there with the lack of lodging etc, you are entertaining moving to a guard facility closer.

I am still amazed they do not put you up over the drill weekends.

yeah but that wouldnt fly. I think the career path change is probably gonna be my best argument for it. Course, then I have to get the wifey on board. I dont know which is gonna be harder to do.....

oh and the drive to the air guard base is gonna be roughly the same lol

-
Back