Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Any one kn ow exactly what the seat belt interlock relay does? I want to yank it.
Nope, not sure at all, maybe just a buzzer or seat belt light, but I am not sure, Miss Rainy day knows I bet :coffee2:

I think it prevents the car from being started until the seat belt is fastened.

if you yank the whole system and want to sell it ...I will buy that.

did your car have the "fuel pacer" system ? I am looking for one of those as well.

it was a relay and when you gave it too much gas the driver side fender turn signal would light telling you to let off the gas in order to save gas.

Are you kidding me ! never seem or heard that before :glasses7:

No just the seat belt stuff, the sensors are pulled from under the front seat and the harness from the front right kick panel to the seat. I want to get rid of the relay and wiring in the engine bay. Want a trade? I need a column shift "Z" bar and frame bracket for a whatever since I lost mine. P, R, N, 2, and one are overrated anyway!

yup ....blame it on the Arabs

1975 and 6 option .....gas crunch days.
Well I learned something today :coffee2:
That seat belt wiring under the seat I have seen and pulled the buzzer out in a ride I had years ago so I would not have to listen to it, I do remember that for sure ..

So I can pull the relay with no problems? I cannot seem to find a diagram of it if I have to jump something.

So I can pull the relay with no problems? I cannot seem to find a diagram of it if I have to jump something.

I will look that up .....I think a bobby pin can override the system .....I remember fiddling with one long time ago but I have to think about it.

getting old over here and starting to go senile.

Pull the buzzer to it , I believe the wires that go to the seat belt and seat drops the ground to the buzzer Ray Sr.

I thought that was what that "button" on it was for emergency start. I kind of remember that one

Pull the buzzer to it , I believe the wires that go to the seat belt and seat drops the ground to the buzzer Ray Sr.

I just want to neaten up the engine bay now and get rid of as much stuff as I can. The ecu is gone, might go with a one wire alt, all egr wiring is gone, pulled all the wires at the plugs so there is no cut stuff in the harness, I love the way Ma Mopar did factory splices for multiple wires by the way a crimp ring with friction tape!

Good morning

I have 74 FSM, can check what it shows tonight. I thought both of those gizmos were 74 only.

They also had some kind of timers for egr? I have the plug on my harness. Got the ' black box' off ebag, but have not tried it. May just put it on for completeness appearance. That was near the AC dryer. Also ive seen some 75s have another magic box was on firewall above the blower.... I should get a 75 manual to figure this stuff out. The 74 book just happened to come my way and was close enough for almost everything. Gotta love all the mystery gadgets they came up with in mid 70s. LOL

That mystery box above the blower is gone, some type of egr gizmo I think. I still have it if you need it.

did your car have the "fuel pacer" system ? I am looking for one of those as well.

it was a relay and when you gave it too much gas the driver side fender turn signal would light telling you to let off the gas in order to save gas.

I think mine has it. When I had it running it was on most of the time if not all. I thought it had to do with carb adjustment.

Morning guys from Heath, Ohio. Looks like it's going to rain today. We probably won't go to the Nats for vendor set up if it's raining.

I am doin well. Today is my Friday at work. Since I missed Chryslers at Carlisle I am headed to Trucks at Carlisle tomorrow

I will look that up .....I think a bobby pin can override the system .....I remember fiddling with one long time ago but I have to think about it.

getting old over here and starting to go senile.

Hot rodding,at it's finest: Using what you have,& being sensible about it.. Nice call,Rani (lol...)

-
Back