Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Top of the page...

We are trying to get the Dart wagon running...

There's a loud exhaust leak near the intake and exhaust manifolds. When I looked closer, one of the ears for the flange had broken off and the bolt will not stay there to hold that side of the pipe on snug enough to seal. We also found an open hole in one of the flanges where an O2 sensor can mount.

I cut another lug off of a spare manifold so we can have that welded to the main part and then have a bolt welded to it to act like a stud. Then I also asked the welding shop to weld the O2 sensor hole shut. The manifold is supposed to be done at the welding shop this afternoon, new gasket should be in at our O'reilly's shop.

I also see that when Waggs welded the flanges on, there is some weld spatter inside. It would be nice to try to grind some of that down to help with flow. My tool man does not have a long carbide burr and it will take 4 days for him to order it. I saw a Grainger on the way to the welding shop, so I will stop there when I pick up the manifold to see if they may have the proper burr for me to grind some of the weld down...

View attachment Dart A01 B.jpg

View attachment Dart A05 B.jpg

View attachment Dart A12 B.jpg

View attachment Dart A15 B.jpg

Here I highlighted the "areas in question" that need some fixing:

View attachment Dart A15 Bb.jpg

What engine ? /6 I believe, you can make a plastic engine run :color:

Yes, Mike. That is Bruce's old Dart wagon that has one of Wagg's slant 6 custom dual exhaust manifold set-ups. Just like the set he made for you and Victoria...

That darn wagon has been sitting in the back driveway since last summer. The kid charged up the battery, and was impressed that it started right up...

The side glass for the driver's window is loose. I need to find where to get the plastic rivet that holds the glass to the bracket for the regulator.

Do any of you know who or where sells new repro ones?

Deer meat is real good!!! :D

It's better than beef.... :glasses7:
yes it is, I have three more bags in the freezer to last me #-o so I better slow down and save it till November :color:

Send one up here Mike! Karl really like the exhaust manifolds from Waggs, first time I have seen one.

Yes, Mike. That is Bruce's old Dart wagon that has one of Wagg's slant 6 custom dual exhaust manifold set-ups. Just like the set he made for you and Victoria...

That darn wagon has been sitting in the back driveway since last summer. The kid charged up the battery, and was impressed that it started right up...

The side glass for the driver's window is loose. I need to find where to get the plastic rivet that holds the glass to the bracket for the regulator.

Do any of you know who or where sells new repro ones?
If I remember right the dodge trucks are the same from 72 and back if you/we can find some of them :glasses7:

Send one up here Mike! Karl really like the exhaust manifolds from Waggs, first time I have seen one.
On it's way ! Here are the ones I ran for 6 years flawlessly

Attachments

• Slant 6 build.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 86
I had to pull the tranny out yesterday to put the proper flex plate bolts in (a boat flexplate is a bit longer and needed a washer to clear the block) And figured out if I lift the tranny tail shaft about 3/8" the clearance problems I was having wit the steering coupler go bye bye! Figures, should have went poly on the trans mount!

On it's way ! Here are the ones I ran for 6 years flawlessly

Yep, they are limited production.

I have a set, Mike has a set, and I saw recently that he made another set for another member...

So the dual exhaust slant 6 manifolds are only 3 sets produced....

I have a set, Mike has a set, and I saw recently that he made another set for another member...

I likey!

Looks like the drive shaft will be here Monday. I have to go for a "one wheel peel" as Memi puts it.

Hey guys, just checkin in. Rough couple days here. My Dad passed away early yesterday. 86 yrs old. Im at his place for a few days to take care of things. No internet here so im on my phone.

Hey guys, just checkin in. Rough couple days here. My Dad passed away early yesterday. 86 yrs old. Im at his place for a few days to take care of things. No internet here so im on my phone.
You stay strong and make him proud, so sorry to see your loss this morning Keith, Condolences from treva and I sir .

I sold mine to a member here, going with these now

Attachments

• 01AAAAAA.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 01AAAAAAA.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 84
Morning ya'll.

Great story about the Superbird Karl! I've heard a few bits through the yearsbut it's cool to read the whole thing.

-
Back