Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You are always first Mitch. How are you doing? I hope of/when I retire I can sleep in a little later than this.

I enjoy getting up early and listening to the first bird tweets outside. I do retire around 10:30 each evening though. I have found that I require as much sleep as I did at a younger age, although I do sleep well.

morning fellers ....

today is a great day, its the birthday of my dad's cuda.

on 8/27/1968 they built a 69 Cuda at the B-code Hamtramck plant and it went to a new owner in La Junta, Co where it was used for a few years and then traded in on a 71 satellite Sebring.

shortly after in spring of 1972 my dad bought the cuda and we still have it today although its in pieces now and was showing it age bad on the last time we drove it up the road around 10 years ago

Good Morning Rani! Is there going to be cake and ice cream?

if ice cream sammiches count.

I have some of the fancy ones with chocolate on one end and white in the middle and pink on the other end.......those are soooo good.

How is life going there Miss Rani? I see you on here at odd hours sometimes.

my dad's cuda is actually the first car to make me see the value of an old car as far as sentimental value goes.

The car is a family member. I first learned to drive in it and took my driving test. Shortly after it came off the road to retirement we got into racing and it was raced two seasons.

It was retired as the family car in favor of a new Mercedes-benz which I still think to this day was a mistake and that is the main reason I refuse to give up my dart as a daily driver and retire it in favor of a new car. That has caused some debates in my house because my dad has offered to buy me a new car if I retire the old one and I cant make him see the mistake of retiring the cuda.

whewwww its time for ice cream and coffee lol

I thought you left there Mitch...You must be lurking in different places.

Yeah, I'm usually cheeking E mail and other sites and such. Multi tasking I guess LOL.

Rani Are you going to restore the Cuda for him?>

Good Morning Rani! Is there going to be cake and ice cream?

I feel so guilty because I have not been working on cars lately. Customer work slowed down so I have been hanging out with my buddies at the mall and have been doing stuff like getting hair done and too much hanging out in the air conditioned malls .....starting to feel clean and its time for a fix and some good old salvage yard time.

I feel so guilty because I have not been working on cars lately. Customer work slowed down so I have been hanging out with my buddies at the mall and have been doing stuff like getting hair done and too much hanging out in the air conditioned malls .....starting to feel clean and its time for a fix and some good old salvage yard time.

I must bee too cheap !! Never a lack of repair jobs here. Sometimes turn them away. Really more than I want to do. My wife says , I just don't know how to say No.

Yeah, I'm usually cheeking E mail and other sites and such. Multi tasking I guess LOL.

Rani Are you going to restore the Cuda for him?>

maybe someday. the car has created quite a stir in the family because he was actually talking about getting rid of it.

many family members are against the idea.

if I ever did restore It I would have to leave it original because its a real A56 340/4speed.

I always felt the 340 is short, but that is how it was made and should stay. If we didn't have the original engine I would be thinking big block swap but I do have the numbers engine which was smoking and taken out and replaced by another 340 in 1992. the 340 in it now seems to be a 70 date coded from who knows what and the original one has been stored since it was removed.

maybe someday. the car has created quite a stir in the family because he was actually talking about getting rid of it.

many family members are against the idea.

if I ever did restore It I would have to leave it original because its a real A56 340/4speed.

I always felt the 340 is short, but that is how it was made and should stay. If we didn't have the original engine I would be thinking big block swap but I do have the numbers engine which was smoking and taken out and replaced by another 340 in 1992. the 340 in it now seems to be a 70 date coded from who knows what and the original one has been stored since it was removed.

Good. That's the way it should be done. They are only original once, and the value will stay with them if they are done in originality.

I must bee too cheap !! Never a lack of repair jobs here. Sometimes turn them away. Really more than I want to do. My wife says , I just don't know how to say No.

well in a way its me, because I have been scheduling them on the same days so I can clear up other days....................in a way I haven't been in the mood.

I will not take any work next week at all in preparation for our trip to Vienna. I'm Pumped !!

Yep keep it original!

I had a duster with a 360 a few years ago .....we actually raced the 340 cuda against the duster and the duster was faster.

that's what kinda soured me out to 340s because why go dump a ton of money into a engine that is going to be slower than a common, cheap engine that is around and easy to get and will be faster.

360s are so awesome when it comes to small blocks. its going to be real hard to out torque and beat it and for the cost effectiveness.

Vienna? Are we going with you? No one told me to get ready how about you Rani? Sounds like a great trip there Mitch

Vienna? Are we going with you? No one told me to get ready how about you Rani? Sounds like a great trip there Mitch

if I recall, there are some fabo members in that area. I know I saw a video of a 71 duster and some kind of charger in Vienna.

-
Back