Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Another good guess and not too far off from the main issue. Let me pose this question...Shouldn't the bleeder screws be at the top?
Mark, On my GTS I used 73 and up Arms and spindles. I bought my own calipers from my supplier. My car has the sway bar, so I knew I would have to mount them rearward. My bleeders ended up, same as yours. What I did, was leave the caliper off the mount, installed a thin block of wood where the rotor would go. Then I merely held the caliper with the bleed screws up to bleed them. Re install the caliper on the rotor and Viola... @MomsDuster

Last edited:
Well Keefers car looks good dam fender had a weird reaction? to something, fifth time was the charm!

:thumbsup: Thats exactly what i believe they did! Lets assume I was able to get them bled, (highly unlikely) the first time i would have hit the brakes they would have broken the retainers at the bottom of the caliper and really had an issue!
I think you're right, they are on the wrong side. Here's mine for comparison...you can see the bleeder is on top and the caliper looks like it's opposite of yours (your top is what's on the bottom of mine).

Brake noise.jpg

he has some, yes they were upside down, surprised the hose did a turn, I would have been pissed rookie mistake I would check everything for sure.

Congrats to Pete for winning Best of Show at Farmington with his Dodge Sweptline and boat.

20170603_154045.jpg

FB_IMG_1496616622995.jpg

I really like that color do a few shades lighte and it would look fantastic on the POP with the black top on mine, really pops when the sun hits it.

Another good guess and not too far off from the main issue. Let me pose this question...Shouldn't the bleeder screws be at the top?
Mark, You also have to be careful, the way the brake hoses are routed, so nothing interferes with them. I know, on mine, I had to have the bleeders low, as , if I switched sides, the hoses routed funky. @MomsDuster

This is the boat I was looking for. It's a 1969 Dart Deluxe...even the color is right!

Dart Boat 1.jpg

Man that is cool and a vintage engine also! I did some gelcoat a few years ago not to bad really just serious fumes.

Hey guess what my brother found?!

The only known photo to exist of my grandfather during training at Ft Lenardwood Missouri prior to deployment to Korea in the early 1950s

IMG_1391.JPG

Hey guess what my brother found?!

The only known photo to exist of my grandfather during training at Ft Lenardwood Missouri prior to deployment to Korea in the early 1950s

View attachment 1715054006
Really nice to have! I have zero pictures of my father, my mother destroyed everything when they divorced. He was in Korea and Viet Nam.

Really nice to have! I have zero pictures of my father, my mother destroyed everything when they divorced. He was in Korea and Viet Nam.
If you have his social, there is a way to track down at least his service picture and possibly his class photos from at least his initial training. Not much work at all and while it may not result in a ton of pics, it'd be something. It involves dealing with the Veterans Affairs office , but to start, get in touch with your county veterans office, much easier and quicker results. Course if you don't have the social, it's a little more involved but doable. My wife's maid of honor did this very thing several years ago, her grandpa was killed in Korea, they ended up with 3-4 photos for free

I got a copy of my dads complete service record and it had a few ID photos, assignments and dates of rank, pretty cool and really easy to do just print out a form and in his case needed a date of death, I also have my great grandfathers letter of congratulations on his retirement signed by Truman I believ, mine was by Obama.............I should get a pic of his and post it mine is just to dam embarrising to post, oh yeah auto penned also!

-
Back