Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thank's @krazykuda , yep ! they did, Fema is on there way here to help/hender folks :rofl:

Y'all have a great day your way, I have to get started, meeting my oldest and Grandoughter for breakfast :thumbsup:

I have a friend in Texas, I talked with him for a bit last night but he didn't mention the rain.... I'll have to call him and see how they weathered the storm...

Thank's @krazykuda , yep ! they did, Fema is on there way here to help/hender folks :rofl:

Y'all have a great day your way, I have to get started, meeting my oldest and Grandoughter for breakfast :thumbsup:

Have a good breakfast... May I suggest getting pigs in a blanket.... :D

(Pancakes wrapped around sausage...)

I did see your post that the hand isn't healing as well as hoped... seemed like such a non issue at first - WTH?

It's coming along, I got my cast off last week... That makes 6 weeks in a cast/splint... Most breaks usually take 12 weeks in a cast...

The doc says that now it's a race against time to get my mobility back - it's very stiff from being immobilized... I have to fight scar tissue building up so I don't loose any movement...

Some times it gets stiff and I have to push to try to bend and extend it... Some days I make good progress... Then sometimes it stiffens up... It's on again - off again thing...

It's pretty good this morning, so far it's the best it's felt so far, but still a ways to go before it's back to normal...

I try to extend and contract the muscles until it hurts to get them to loosen up... Still some swelling in my hand, but it's going down a little... I can't make a fist with it yet as the muscles are too tight and I can feel them pulling when I push for the extremes of the range...

I try to suck it up and get through the pain, when the pain gets too much I back off... I haven't taken any pain pills in over 3 weeks, but considering using some aleve if the pain gets too bad... It would be nice to numb the pain, but I don't want to cover up the pain and overdue it and damage something because I don't feel the pain to let me know when I'm pushing it too hard and do more damage.... I'm not a pill popper and only take them when I need them...

But overall, it's getting there... So far the movement today is the best so far.. I can't pick up anything with any weight with it yet, only light things so far.. I have to work on squeezing and clamping/holding...

Last edited:
I did see your post that the hand isn't healing as well as hoped...

I hope it would be better already, but that's not realistic...

I have high standards and expectations for myself and keep pushing the limits until the pain says to back off... I'm fighting to not loose any permanent range of movement...

Have a good breakfast... May I suggest getting pigs in a blanket.... :D

(Pancakes wrapped around sausage...)
Did someone say breakfast? Threw some onion and egg in leftover mashed potatoes from last night and fried em up. Sausage,eggs, pineapple. Mmmm

2017-06-06 09.22.37.jpg

It's coming along, I got my cast off last week... That makes 6 weeks in a cast/splint... Most breaks usually take 12 weeks in a cast...

The doc says that now it's a race against time to get my mobility back - it's very stiff from being immobilized... I have to fight scar tissue building up so I don't loose any movement...

Some times it gets stiff and I have to push to try to bend and extend it... Some days I make good progress... Then sometimes it stiffens up... It's on again - off again thing...

It's pretty good this morning, so far it's the best it's felt so far, but still a ways to go before it's back to normal...

I try to extend and contract the muscles until it hurts to get them to loosen up... Still some swelling in my hand, but it's going down a little... I can't make a fist with it yet as the muscles are too tight and I can feel them pulling when I push for the extremes of the range...

I try to suck it up and get through the pain, when the pain gets too much I back off... I haven't taken any pain pills in over 3 weeks, but considering using some aleve if the pain gets too bad... It would be nice to numb the pain, but I don't want to cover up the pain and overdue it and damage something because I don't feel the pain to let me know when I'm pushing it too hard and do more damage.... I'm not a pill popper and only take them when I need them...

But overall, it's getting there... So far the movement today is the best so far.. I can't pick up anything with any weight with it yet, only light things so far.. I have to work on squeezing and clamping/holding...
THE hardest thing about any break like that is the PT afterwards... you sound like me, determined as hell that crap like that will not stop me.. I have had just a few injuries in my day...

you cleaned up!!? oh sh!tz... you're doomed...
damn you guys - that really does look good!
I know I underestimated how much work it would be. Just spraying the car is a bit of a workout (and mine was only 3 coats). But relative to everything else, that was the easy part. .
Hoppy cleaned first round Friday. Then we both spent a few more hours cleaning and arranging Sat. Then taping the car...
I went back out late Sat to untape (Ray was toast at that point). Then re-work the one fender Sunday. We were both pretty wiped out. I'm still in recovery mode. And then I still need to work out some dirt, bug, fisheys, runs and buff it and put it together...
I do have more appreciation for the price charged for a paint job now. Not that I could afford it anyway.

Therapy is in order today for sure! Good day to get some dist cleaned, really do not want to do anything with air in there till three days of it drying.

I have not had a beer since Sat!
I did! Had a couple as soon as I got home Sun and acouple more last night. LOL
Including a really good one. Since my daughter turned 21 last week I got a couple 4 packs of Weyerbacher 'Finally Legal' -Bourbon Barrel aged Imperial Stout. Had one 'regular' beer and one of those (13.5ABV) last night and that was enough.

speaking of drinking - my BIL bought me this

jack_daniels_old_7__90093.1396988737.jpg
and a 2 liter bottle of ginger ale and gave it to me before we even checked into our room in Florida... I managed to get through all but the last inch of booze... what a great week..

-
Back