Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nice Anders I just have to measure it with metric to see what size they are. Funny the year ones are not the same shape or even near the oem, I will get a pic when I get back fron the PO.

Nice Anders I just have to measure it with metric to see what size they are. Funny the year ones are not the same shape or even near the oem, I will get a pic when I get back fron the PO.
I looked though the newark list, Ray. Nothing for you there, I'm afraid.

I'll check AliBaba.

I just want the grommets I have all the right terminals, just have to keep looking, been swapping the best wires around or re using the original's just a PIA takes a while to do, I want to do around 10 dist a day to get the hoard down, some are parts for sure.

so obviously the vert pieces are different -- yikes
Yep shorter

20170530_17.jpg

So in you guys opinion, to shorten a set, cut near the middle and weld in sleeve, or cut at end and heat up to make one bend?

So in you guys opinion, to shorten a set, cut near the middle and weld in sleeve, or cut at end and heat up to make one bend?
Or cut in the middle and press sleeve onto the rod? I have a 40 ton press that should crimp the **** out of it......

Or cut in the middle and press sleeve onto the rod? I have a 40 ton press that should crimp the **** out of it......
Get a sleeve that is a perfect tight fit, or drill out a sleeve to the right size? I have to do something....

On the cut and bend deal, I can cool it off fast dunking in water, might retain some of it strength, might....

I do - who knew!!? Are you looking to go stock look or would something aftermarket work - like struts?
I put struts in my 66, so I know how to do it, But I would like to see if I can make torsion rods work.

I COULD heat up the sleeve, then slide it on the rods, let it cool and it will shrink when it cools. I wonder if it would be tight enough?

-
Back