Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
We FINALLY got the deck footers poured today. The GD building inspector held us up for a week waiting for him to come inspect the holes for proper depth and diameter before we could pour (10" diameter, 36" deep). Tomorrow we can get the framing done...but then we have to wait for him to come back Monday morning at 9:30 am to inspect that before we can finish the decking, rails and stairs. Then he has to come back and inspect those...
:BangHead: :mob:

Well at least it will be nice and warm.

View attachment 1715055544

We FINALLY got the deck footers poured today. The GD building inspector held us up for a week waiting for him to come inspect the holes for proper depth and diameter before we could pour (10" diameter, 36" deep). Tomorrow we can get the framing done...but then we have to wait for him to come back Monday morning at 9:30 am to inspect that before we can finish the decking, rails and stairs. Then he has to come back and inspect those...
:BangHead: :mob:

View attachment 1715055544
anything worth having is worth waiting for.... yea, I never went for that BS saying either

What a PIA for a deck. Prob a big money permit fee also.
Yep. It's definitely a revenue generating process for the municipality. I don't mind doing the inspections to make sure contractors aren't cutting corners, but the high fee rate and having only 3 inspectors for the entire area of 17,000 residents, 5000 homes and 400 businesses is just ridiculous.

Yep. It's definitely a revenue generating process for the municipality. I don't mind doing the inspections to make sure contractors aren't cutting corners, but the high fee rate and having only 3 inspectors for the entire area of 17,000 residents, 5000 homes and 400 businesses is just ridiculous.

If they hire more inspectors, then the fees will increase to pay their wages and bennies.

it was at a local fair where I first discovered deep fried pickles.. now I order them whenever I see them on a menu - as long as they are "chips"

it was at a local fair where I first discovered deep fried pickles.. now I order them whenever I see them on a menu - as long as they are "chips"
Boy that's a loaded statement.LOL
I'll let Karl handle it.

If they hire more inspectors, then the fees will increase to pay their wages and bennies.
Maybe...but based on their fee revenue, they could hire 2 more and still be revenue positive on that department. Of course then they couldn't be spending all the extra money they are on replacing all the standard traffic lights with fancy black powder coated cast aluminum ones that look like they were from the 1930s.

Maybe...but based on their fee revenue, they could hire 2 more and still be revenue positive on that department. Of course then they couldn't be spending all the extra money they are on replacing all the standard traffic lights with fancy black powder coated cast aluminum ones that look like they were from the 1930s.
Community beautification project fee - 12%

If it's municipal property who install township workers or is it subbed out.
Subbed out. They don't have crews to do that kind of work on staff. They only have 2 trucks for heavy trash pick-up and snow plowing plus the occasional pothole repair. Everything else is contracted out. Total budget is around $15 million and they maintain a rolling $4 million annual surplus. 2 new medical centers (one being Urgent care)opening in the municipality this year will push it over to a $5 million surplus for 2017. Two new housing developments with forty $500k+ homes plus other development will push to over $6 million by 2018.

They can afford 2 additional inspectors.

Subbed out. They don't have crews to do that kind of work on staff. They only have 2 trucks for heavy trash pick-up and snow plowing plus the occasional pothole repair. Everything else is contracted out. Total budget is around $15 million and they maintain a rolling $4 million annual surplus. 2 new medical centers (one being Urgent care)opening in the municipality this year will push it over to a $5 million surplus for 2017. Two new housing developments with forty $500k+ homes plus other development will push to over $6 million by 2018.

They can afford 2 additional inspectors.
Looking for a job?:poke::rofl:

-
Back