Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A while ago, I had a 65 Newport with factory hub caps. Put in long valve stems so I could fill them easier. Well the dang hub caps would turn on the wheel and break off the stem. Steel wheels, flex must have caused that.

That's why I like to run dog dish caps on mine...

A while ago, I had a 65 Newport with factory hub caps. Put in long valve stems so I could fill them easier. Well the dang hub caps would turn on the wheel and break off the stem. Steel wheels, flex must have caused that.
Odd. Certainly it was never a problem when the cars were new and had full hub caps. The caps on the Newport must have become weak with age allowing them to rotate in the wheel.

Of course, you could kick a hubcap off when hitting a pothole or cornering fast...

Odd. Certainly it was never a problem when the cars were new and had full hub caps. The caps on the Newport must have become weak with age allowing them to rotate in the wheel.

Of course, you could kick a hubcap off when hitting a pothole or cornering fast...

Simple solution, get rid of the dang hubcaps. Which I know some like them and some do look good but I've always hated full hub caps. Ones that cover the lugs I don't mind, it's ones that surround the valve stem that I've always had issues with. Whether it's rotating and cutting the stem or simply packing the cutout full of snow and ice and thus not being able to fill the tire, they've always caused problems for me

Dang, not good news
No no it's not. I really can't believe I'm gonna say this but the only way this stops is a full ban of Muslims and a round up and deportation. Brutal, unpopular and unrealistic, yeah probably but I just don't see how they can stop it otherwise

No no it's not. I really can't believe I'm gonna say this but the only way this stops is a full ban of Muslims and a round up and deportation. Brutal, unpopular and unrealistic, yeah probably but I just don't see how they can stop it otherwise
You can't stop it, only contain it...ever. It's been that way for millennia.

Ban Muslims? Not possible. That's like saying "let's ban homicidal maniacs" or "radical racists".

You can't tell one by looking anymore than you can tell a Christian by looking. Radical ones of any religion or creed are just going to pretend to be something else until they unleash their mayhem. Ban any of them and you are just pouring gasoline on the fire.

You cannot regulate to achieve peace.

And BTW, the attack was against Muslims...not by them. Shall we ban the anti-Muslims too? There will be no one left if we ban the 99.9% for the actions of the 0.1% of any group.

LONDON (AP) - A vehicle struck pedestrians near a mosque in north London early Monday morning, causing several casualties, police said. One person has been arrested. The London Ambulance Service says the injured are being taken to hospitals. Eyewitnesses reported seeing police give emergency medical treatment to at least one of the injured. The Muslim Council tweeted that worshippers were struck by a van as they were leaving prayers near the Finsbury Park mosque. It said its prayers are with the victims. The neighborhood has two mosques, and several hundred worshippers would have been in the area after attending prayers as part of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

You can't stop it, only contain it...ever. It's been that way for millennia.

Ban Muslims? Not possible. That's like saying "let's ban homicidal maniacs" or "radical racists".

You can't tell one by looking anymore than you can tell a Christian by looking. Radical ones of any religion or creed are just going to pretend to be something else until they unleash their mayhem. Ban any of them and you are just pouring gasoline on the fire.

You cannot regulate to achieve peace.

And BTW, the attack was against Muslims...not by them. Shall we ban the anti-Muslims too? There will be no one left if we ban the 99.9% for the actions of the 0.1% of any group.

LONDON (AP) - A vehicle struck pedestrians near a mosque in north London early Monday morning, causing several casualties, police said. One person has been arrested. The London Ambulance Service says the injured are being taken to hospitals. Eyewitnesses reported seeing police give emergency medical treatment to at least one of the injured. The Muslim Council tweeted that worshippers were struck by a van as they were leaving prayers near the Finsbury Park mosque. It said its prayers are with the victims. The neighborhood has two mosques, and several hundred worshippers would have been in the area after attending prayers as part of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

I know all this. That was the whole point of the "unrealistic " comment in my post. The point I was trying to get was I don't know of anyway to stop it

When you get to work after being off for 2 weeks and you have a ton of new people and some people are gone

When you get to work after being off for 2 weeks and you have a ton of new people and some people are gone
.. Holly chit !! that would be bad ! .... or good, did they get rid of some rif raff or hire some :steering::steering:

-
Back