Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Whoops, the sky just got wicked dark and the wind is kicking up. Time to boogie out of work and see if I can beat the front and get home before all hell breaks loose!

Post #4 has them on a Duster, that's why they can use the 275 width. No way will they fit on a '69 Dart. 245 is about as big as you can go without modifying the spring offset and then you will need a different back spacing on the rim. In rare cases, a 255 will squeeze in there but only if you get lucky on the factory sloppy clearances.
See, Dave know shi..stuff!
Makes sense. I wanted same on all 4 so went with 215 70 14s. about as big as I can go up front. But still kinda get lost in them wide Duster quarters.

old bookmark

Mike is your car mini tubbed? That is the size tire I want to try to get into my Scamp.. Im just worried about the 10" width.[/QUOTE]

No mini tub. 15x7 with a 4.25 backspace and a 255-60 tire View attachment 1714935715

See, Dave know shi..stuff!
Makes sense. I wanted same on all 4 so went with 215 70 14s. about as big as I can go up front. But still kinda get lost in them wide Duster quarters.
This is why I went with the gerst kit since I wanna road race. I can fit a 285 up front and a 295 in the rear

Well, I made it home...but I didn't beat the front. I got pounded by heavy rain, wind and lightning the entire length of 476. I thought a semi was going to blow over a few cars in front of me. I saw daylight under the right side trailer wheels.

Well, I made it home...but I didn't beat the front. I got pounded by heavy rain, wind and lightning the entire length of 476. I thought a semi was going to blow over a few cars in front of me. I saw daylight under the right side trailer wheels.
makes for an exciting ride home

From what i have measured the 255 will fit.
Don't rely solely on the 255 width. You need to check the centering of each hub on each side and then verify that you have the clearance based on the wheel offset. For example, I can fit a 255 on the passenger side but it won't fit on the driver's side. These cars have a lot of slop in the clearances and you can't be certain they are the same on each side or that the axle sits in the same centerline on each side.

Don't rely solely on the 255 width. You need to check the centering of each hub on each side and then verify that you have the clearance based on the wheel offset. For example, I can fit a 255 on the passenger side but it won't fit on the driver's side. These cars have a lot of slop in the clearances and you can't be certain they are the same on each side or that the axle sits in the same centerline on each side.
What I have under their now has plenty of room. Can get finger between all sides.

Any one have a 70 or 71 FSM that has a 440 dist spec to see what that thing actually does and maybe how to test it? Mymopar is not downloading

70 FSM:

70 440 dist.jpg

What I have under their now has plenty of room. Can get finger between all sides.
What is the offset of those wheels? Also lay a board edge across the face of the wheel/tire and the against the bottom of fender lip and put a mark on it where the inside edge of the fender lip is. If you do this on both sides, you will be able to get a measurement of the true clearance for the section width of the tire.

Ugh anyone know much about the ac systems on the 07 durangos

-
Back