Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ugh anyone know much about the ac systems on the 07 durangos

only thing I know is that after you have it drained of the Freon junk or whatever it is ....you take a claw hammer and sever some of the lines on the top so that way, the scrapper wont deduct any money for hazardous material disposal.

Aw c'mon Timmy... you know I'm hawt!
Screenshot_20170619-181409.png

Some. It's not very different than the system on my '06 Charger. What's the issue?
I have no AC and I think the compressor is starting to go bad, getting a grinding noise coming from it. If I replace the compressor, can I simply refill the freon like the older vehicles or is it the new type system that requires special equipment other than vac gauges to do?

Any time you open the system you need to evacuate it and then recharge it unfortunately.

Man I used to do that for the AC in the back of the ec-130j's hated it it took forever to get it down to 1 micron, think it was a twenty ton unit it was huge.

I have no AC and I think the compressor is starting to go bad, getting a grinding noise coming from it. If I replace the compressor, can I simply refill the freon like the older vehicles or is it the new type system that requires special equipment other than vac gauges to do?
It's R-134a refrigerant and standard evacuation and filling procedure. Pressures at 80° F ambient air temp should be 20-30 psi on the low side (suction) and 200-300 psi on the high side (discharge).

And add a oil fill also since it is a new compressor, you should be able to see how much online somewhere.

-
Back