Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Rotation
Capture.PNG

Out weather crew. Denise is the cute little gal in the middle. Smart gal. Good weather gal.
kwwl weather.jpg

KWWL has a drone. They are live flying over a small town that had damage. They are going nuts on screen. They found the funnel path. Loks like a F1 or2.

The funnel path. You can see the light streak through the middle. Sorry to bore you. I find this fascinating
Capture.PNG

What material are the screws now? I have a big aversion to stainless screws into aluminum threads from working on bikes. They like to gall on the way in. Corrode and and break on the way out.
Some kind of Chinese crap. I will use anti seize on the new screws.

Recommend some anti-seize and turn them slow. Stainless will gall and lock up in a tight thread just by turning too fast.
Good point. If the current screws are half-way out, coat the exposed threads with some anti-seize and turn them back in...then back them out again. Repeat as necessary to get them to lube up and full travel out.

Words to live by...never screw dry.

Good point. If the current screws are half-way out, coat the exposed threads with some anti-seize and turn them back in...then back them out again. Repeat as necessary to get them to lube up and full travel out.

Words to live by...never screw dry.
Are you suggesting that antiseize is the automotive equivalent of KY?

Interesting! what works better?
For an appearance, I use chrome steel fasteners put them in and touch up the hex with clear nail polish. Tiny Dremel buff and chrome polish for a touch up if the hex starts to rust up later. Maybe just me and most of my experience with small SS fasteners has been when I worked on Harley's, but I've had really bad luck with smaller SS fasteners 1/4" or less in AL threads and have had them fracture lengthwise up the threads down in the hole so that you can't face it or center punch it. And drilling SS is PITA no matter what you're doing.

Last edited:
-
Back