Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning, coffee drinkers. Always welcome news when something you enjoy is good for you. I remember back in the '60's, if someone stopped by at any time of day, you'd have coffee, socialize for a while, then get things done. Hmmm kinda like what we do here!

Yesterday we spent 4 hours on the aircraft carrier Yorktown. There was so much to see. Many aircraft, many exhibits on the hanger deck. I struck up a conversation with a Korean War veteran who was an electrician on another class of ship. You could tell how being on the ship took him back to his younger days. I hate to say it but seeing such a powerful representation of the way our country was back in the '40's-'60's, I felt sad how things have changed.

They had the Apollo 7 capsule which the ship retrieved, you could lie down in the same position as the astronauts and hear the sounds and see the video in the windows of the takeoff, orbit, the moon, reentry and splashdown.

The submarine was very interesting too. There was a lot more to see...if you're ever in the area it something you don't want to miss.

Took of the turbo. Back to stock. Had an issue with the guy doing it yesterday. It's been resolved. Weather forcast looks dry for Saturday.

its soooo windy here OMG I don't like it.

last night and yesterday is said to have peaked out at 65 MPH gusts ....tonight is a lot less but still wind .....I don't like wind!!!!

We had it over the weekend just cool this morning. The guy just pulled up to finish the turbo swap he started yesterday. I have to go. It got a little testy yesterday. He pulled it apart tried to hand me the money we agreed to and leave with the parts. I told him noway. The deal was you do the conversion back and when it's running right then you can have the turbo. I doubt I would have seen him again if I had let that happen.

We had it over the weekend just cool this morning. The guy just pulled up to finish the turbo swap he started yesterday. I have to go. It got a little testy yesterday. He pulled it apart tried to hand me the money we agreed to and leave with the parts. I told him noway. The deal was you do the conversion back and when it's running right then you can have the turbo. I doubt I would have seen him again if I had let that happen.

Only makes sense to me that he would be responsible to make it right.

It's a 426. I made it myself.

I am paying attention to HEMIs now that I am in the market for one.

I got a job upgrade so I decided to HEMI swap my coronet wagon and replace the 440.

so far everyone I have talked to about crate HEMIs say the 528 is the way to go. Its like a bit under 2k more but rates at like 640 HP and has some upsides.

probably be a few months till I pull the trigger and actually order but I am getting an edumacation from now .....the first thing will be getting a dana 60 from moser.

Morning, we had a big storm roll through yesterday with winds gusting to 70 to 80 mph.
Came out of the north most always come from the south.

Lost our power for 12 hours and blew my back fence down. My folks had a big limb come out of a tree and damaged their patio roof and another hit the house roof. they have some big fir trees in their back yard the one that hit the patio was about 5" in diameter and 14' long.
Guess I know what I'll be doing today.

-
Back