Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
This was my most challenging old photo colorization to date. I think this new one will surpass it.

Before
Detriot-1953.jpg

After
Detriot-1953 cropped colorized LARGE 6a.jpg

Now that is cool!!
Thanks! It takes a lot of work to do that. I literally need to digitally paint in all the colors and hues by hand using my computer mouse like a brush. It is like painting with a brick.

Well then, best wishes that it works out.

See, it wasn’t all that hard to be direct and open now was it? :poke:
yeah wel if it gets jinxed I'm blaming you lol

Hope it all works for you. I remember long drill drives suck, especially Sunday night.
Oh yeah they do. Currently, its 3 hours for me.

Only question is what does this mean for the medical stuff going on

Oh yeah, the original photo is from 1953 in Detroit.
So you get to pick the colors?? Of course some colors like Sunoco would be known. I was guessing mid 50's, the Buick jumped out to me, not to mention the 26.9 gas price.

yeah wel if it gets jinxed I'm blaming you lol

Oh yeah they do. Currently, its 3 hours for me.

Only question is what does this mean for the medical stuff going on
I'd get the impression of not much.

So you get to pick the colors?? Of course some colors like Sunoco would be known. I was guessing mid 50's, the Buick jumped out to me, not to mention the 26.9 gas price.
Yep, I have to interpret the colors based on whatever I can find for the period the photo was taken.

I have also learned to interpret colors based on their shades of gray tones by using known references like the colors of trees, wood, concrete and asphalt.

Yep, I have to interpret the colors based on whatever I can find for the period the photo was taken.

I have also learned to interpret colors based on their shades of gray tones by using known references like the colors of trees, wood, concrete and asphalt.
Well its neat that's all I can say. A great hobby during the winter too.

It’s been raining buckets here all day and it’s still going. Over an inch so far and it isn’t supposed to end until late tomorrow night into Monday morning.

At least it’s warm, up close to 60* tomorrow and 47* now.

If this were snow, It would be a blizzard...and I have no interest in dealing with 2+ feet of snow.

It’s been raining buckets here all day and it’s still going. Over an inch so far and it isn’t supposed to end until late tomorrow night into Monday morning.

At least it’s warm, up close to 60* tomorrow and 47* now.

If this were snow, It would be a blizzard...and I have no interest in dealing with 2+ feet of snow.

We just got 13" this week...

And some more predicted for tonight...

DSC04012 B.JPG

DSC04016 B.JPG

I got my timing chain cover cleaned up for the 318 for the Valiant wagon...

Now I can convert it from the 70 and later style to the 69 and earlier style...

DSC04069 B.JPG

DSC04081 B.JPG

DSC04102 B.JPG

DSC04113 B.JPG

-
Back