Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Mike I agree, great pic. Makes me think the knowledge this guy had. I mean the different size engines they built each year, changes to them, etc... I've read where a plant could push 400 cars out in a day, I wonder what the daily count for an engine was. Be great to talk to someone who was working the line in 1967.
You bet. To me that photo tells a story!

Fastenall he is in AZ, I might actually have all the parts to put it together if the thing is half decent if not it is a parts machine. Keefer I have so many now the Pop is in the side we painted your car on and the rest of it is machines, can barley get to the far side!:rofl:
So is Hoppy's considered Sun city??

Last edited:
They better sell this is not even half of what I have!
DSC02352.JPG

Mike I agree, great pic. Makes me think the knowledge this guy had. I mean the different size engines they built each year, changes to them, etc... I've read where a plant could push 400 cars out in a day, I wonder what the daily count for an engine was. Be great to talk to someone who was working the line in 1967.

I worked in the truck plant in the mid 90's and we built 70 trucks per hour - one came off the line in less than one minute...

At the engine plant that I transferred to after that, we built 500,000 engines per year on my line... Less than 23 seconds for each operator to do their job... 1100 per shift, 2250 engines per day on two shifts combined... We had to supply 100% of the engines for two assembly plants... Windsor and St. Louis...

Three dist testers four old 1940 master motor tester 4 scope models, a bunch of small individuals and two of these, like them easy to sell.
DSC02157.JPG

Ok men, the wife has me on a time line, time to get moving :thumbsup:.... have a gem of a day men and :thankyou: for all the well wishes this morning from everyone here

I am out of here like a 66 sedan leaving the line :lol:

000103.jpg

Too bad you're not closer, I have a friend that has one taking up space in his shop. Could pick it up for a song. It came from the dealer I worked for 30 years ago.

I got to get moving have to figure out the wiper on the truck have a feeling it might be the switch wiring some one threw another column in there from a late C body maybe? Later all.

I would have to check what model. It's in a small town a ways away from a Fastenall store. I can check if you're interested.

I would have to check what model. It's in a small town a ways away from a Fastenall store. I can check if you're interested.
How big is it that is what kills it then, if it is like the smaller ones on a cabinet with one door let me know and a pic is good. Hey your going to Carlisle........

How big is it that is what kills it then, if it is like the smaller ones on a cabinet with one door let me know and a pic is good. Hey your going to Carlisle........
It's the big daddy! The big kahuna! Gi-hugic!

I am done with those performance testers that one had a cabinet ron has now and it filled the bed of the truck, has to weigh 500 together, just to much room and no one wants them. Bunch of them around for free actually.

-
Back