Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
wow ...I heard about those but before my time ....that was like 90s stuff......I was around in the 90s but too little to do anything cool. kinda hard to be cool when you have to take a nap and drink a milk.

I remember when my first cell phone was in a briefcase !!!

Mine was like in a purse thingy! We had one of the old bricks at work we used to take to pick up classified material, now that was like secret agent shi!

Attachments

• brick.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 71
I used to like the cup on a string with my friend on the other side of the pillow fort.

I am actually thinking about a CB in the truck so Momma can talk to me in the popmobile! Here handle will be BiTCHZILLA! Just cause she always complains I am out in the shop.

I thought the original "pocket" phones were the stuff with a battery life of an hour!

Speaking of phones, Stan was here with his smart phone and it did not have reception so I threw him the house cordless and he did not know how to use it further proof the smart phone makes you dumb. Gave him hell about it!

Yeah, they've done wonders with batteries.

batteries are so fun to study about ....in Nanophysics class unit I remember seeing how the lithium ion battery works .....that is so cool how the lithium ions move back and forth from anode to the cathode.

it was interesting to see one taken apart and see the engineering behind it.

Heck yea, they have come a long way from the basic Alkaline.

Basic alkaline? I remember carbon ones that used to ooze! Gosh I sound like my dad!

Rani ever heard od alumel and chromel? Two dissimilar metals that when touch produce a low voltage. Always intrigued me we used it on aircraft for temperature readings on the engines. Still blows my mind.

I had a rotary dial phone and a trunk full of electronic crap in the trunk of my car in 74. It went thru a ma bell mobil operator. Had to take it in for service, about every six weeks.

Rani ever heard od alumel and chromel? Two dissimilar metals that when touch produce a low voltage. Always intrigued me we used it on aircraft for temperature readings on the engines. Still blows my mind.

very high temp thermo couplings

I think those are branded terms for metal

I remember those, you was the rich guy on the block! LOL What was your cb handle Ray?

very high temp thermo couplings

I think those are branded terms for metal

I remember we had to rewire a section of the wing and all the wiring was alumel/chromel so we changed it due to only being allowed one splice in it, (one connector). we stripped about 10" of the wire and twisted them together and it put out just under 1vdc. One of my guys pinned the wire opposite on the plane, what a pain in the *** to figure out the EGT read 500 cold.

Put the 383 in the lower bay the other day. Gonna move the roller GTS down there today, after I put some brakes on my sons car. Gettin ready !!

Good morning...one of those days "off," with trips to the other side of town spaced too far apart. 8 a.m. Dermatologist (what was I thinking,) Noon, lunch with a friend who I rarely get to see, 4 p.m. a "dinner" party. In quotes because it's a former coworker who's a nice guy, but he and his wife get so schnockered, last time "dinner" ended up being them just talking about a package of chicken thighs, and the guests brought our own food which we finally took charge and grilled and got on the table.

I'm riding with a friend, we decided on a secret signal word for "let's get out of here." Last time I left when the wife couldn't form words and she was stuck on the sofa like a beached whale.

Mornin guys. Never did CB. I did carry pagers for many years. I remember being off work camping with my son getting paged repeatedly. I had to find a pay phone just to tell them I wasnt coming in...

-
Back