Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I did not get a book, but it does look exactly like that. Do you think it's not tight enough and causes it to catch or snag at some point?

How I adjust it is I run some wire out the tip and pull it it should be snug, make sure the power is off!!!!!!

Yup, got a little bit of use in over the weekend. After 20mins or so of straight use, it likes to snag, or cut the wire by the feeder. It's happened like clockwork so I'm starting to wonder if it's designed to do it when it gets too hot. haha

I just cut some 1.5" squares, going to try and weld a 3d cube next weekend.

Check the feeder going to the gun. Make sure it is pushed all the may into the machine. Also check if the liner that the wire feeds into is bent/misalligned. Should point straight between the rollers and minimal distance. Miller at work was bunching up the wire there till I adjusted that.
Also make sure the wire is going through the tip smooth. If its binding up cause of spatter or wrong tip size, it might jam

Run out about four inches of wire. Put the curve against your palm and pull the trigger . if it won't push to loose. If it pushes hard back off till you get resistance, then tighten till it starts to push against your palm. That's all the pressure you need .look at the wire as it comes out if it has a kneeled look it's also an indication it's to tight.

We are moving so good tec work threw here in this coffee thread :cheers:
Good day to you all :rock:

Here's a welding question for those in the know... I've got a Lincoln 140. I run .035 flux core and .030 solid w/gas. Do I need a different liner to run .023 or .025 solid for sheet metal work?

I got the bestest package today. I have been waiting on my stage one clutch for the cobalt for two weeks. I checked the TN and it will be here today! Called my mech across the street and he put some jobs aside so we can bang it out tomorrow. Well I got it an empty box. Called the PO and they said they know about it now I have to go through the whole e bay process, and it was Canada Post! This will be *** pain.

I got the bestest package today. I have been waiting on my stage one clutch for the cobalt for two weeks. I checked the TN and it will be here today! Called my mech across the street and he put some jobs aside so we can bang it out tomorrow. Well I got it an empty box. Called the PO and they said they know about it now I have to go through the whole e bay process, and it was Canada Post! This will be *** pain.

Try to move forward and get kicked back :banghead: I know the felling #-o

Major bummer.....

Hey with the liner thing I never changed them and have used 25-40, but again my welds look like the back seat of dads car the day after prom night.

-
Back