Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
LOOKS LIKE IT IS INSTALLING!
tenor (1).gif

It is mandatory to set any new pinion in a case, All makes and models. Ya don't get the pinion depth right, you might as well not even try ti install a new set. I always get by, without the case spreader. Takes a little more time ,
Never used it on the 8 1/4's I have done just measured the pinon and adjusted from there.

LOOKS LIKE IT IS INSTALLING!View attachment 1715155522
:usflag::thumbsup:
If you're loading the one I sent you, just load the excel and word. The schedular/calendar and othe stuff will probably confuse Win10. If you're loading the one Tim sent, it may be more modern...
Don't worry if you already did it. You can uninstall those parts later or just redo..I cant remember which I did.

Close mine goes down under ground 4 feet so it is like seven to the valve found a whole unit 250 I just need those side brackets and the cam it will be fine.
If you are sure that's all you need...I was actually thinking maybe you could buy the cheapest one and just use the old case pipe and I assume there is a rod inside to operate the valve all the way at the bottom. Just don't know for sure they would interchange. Is the black piece the thing that seals off the valve to close?

My son says that his friend is interested in our Jeep Grand Cherokee... I'm not sure if I want to sell it as it is our last Jeep and is good for towing/pushing cars in and out of the garage out back and to the front... I also don't know what to ask for it... I tired looking up a value last night, but most of the sites will not have one or try to make me list it for sale on their site... I really could use the money and this would mean that I could keep the max wedge set up and the Barracuda... I guess that I could always save up and buy another jeep to use for "yard work" later....

It's the one year only special edition Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9 L that my dad special ordered and has less than 50000 miles on it... Still like new... I also have $1200 in tires on it, the best Goodyear all terrain tires that have kevlar reinforced side walls and matching spare tire...

DSC05873 B.JPG

Well then HOW do you measure the pinion??
From the old ones bottom where it rides on the shim to the top then adjust the new one as needed. add or remove shims. Never had a issue and the wear pattern is usually right on.

Went to the restoration shop yesterday to check the progress on our 55 Chebby. My 10 year old grandson is out of school so he tagged along. The shop is 30,000 SF and they do everything. We had full access, so he got to see metal fabrication, paint booth in operation, wiring being done on a 63 vette, and 25-30 cars in different stages of restoration. We spent an hour and a half looking and watching, and he had lots of questions. I'm trying to spark an interest with the next generation.

A couple cool cars you'd like a fully restored 49 Dodge power wagon, and a pulled fresh from the barn 65 Satellite coupe (black on black). It was an automatic but never got to see the engine.

From the old ones bottom where it rides on the shim to the top then adjust the new one as needed. add or remove shims. Never had a issue and the wear pattern is usually right on.
DUDE !!! With a new ring and pinion set. You MUST verify the depth of the pinion , in the case, relative to the centerline of the ring carrier. Most pinions have this depth number stamped on the face. If you been doin it the way you say, you just been lucky....

Went to the restoration shop yesterday to check the progress on our 55 Chebby. My 10 year old grandson is out of school so he tagged along. The shop is 30,000 SF and they do everything. We had full access, so he got to see metal fabrication, paint booth in operation, wiring being done on a 63 vette, and 25-30 cars in different stages of restoration. We spent an hour and a half looking and watching, and he had lots of questions. I'm trying to spark an interest with the next generation.

A couple cool cars you'd like a fully restored 49 Dodge power wagon, and a pulled fresh from the barn 65 Satellite coupe (black on black). It was an automatic but never got to see the engine.
I only have one question....
Where are the pics? !!! :poke:

DUDE !!! With a new ring and pinion set. You MUST verify the depth of the pinion , in the case, relative to the centerline of the ring carrier. Most pinions have this depth number stamped on the face. If you been doin it the way you say, you just been lucky....
seriously never had a issue. Yes there are numbers stamped on the pinions I use for reference also.

seriously never had a issue. Yes there are numbers stamped on the pinions I use for reference also.
The number on the face of the pinion tells you the distance to the carrier centerline, How is it that you check that Ray ?

I guess I am lucky then! I don't even think the ring gear instructions have you use that tool have to look at it again, pretty sure they tell you to shim per wear pattern. I will look later.

-
Back