Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I do the same way, sometimes the fuel system doesn't prime until you actually have rpm. Hang a tank and a line prime the carb. Spray bottle with gas. If thats a new cam dont keep cranking and cranking though.

Holy crap George Just got the ladder bars they are great! What was it 20 hours! Thank you so much.

On a lighter note, since Enterprise upgraded me to that Camaro convertible, I made a couple passes through the Holiday Festival Of Lights last night. It was a nice long drive through hundred of displays...Toyland, Sea Land, The North Pole, Candy Land, Dinosaurs, outer space, Noah's ark, nursery rhymes, lots of Christmas-themed scenes..I went through twice. There was a lot more I didn't partake in, walking trails, a carousel, climbing wall, Santa, marshmallow-roasting, definitely heading back to see everything.

Was there drag racing? Anything is a drag strip if you try hard enough... :D

I don't care what they say the will help and look OLD SCHOOL COOL as hell.

Oh yeah your video is blocked by owner here but plays on you tube.

Oh, ok.

Here's how it's rigged. I think I'll try gravity feeding straight from the jug to the carb tomorrow. With filter.

Attachments

• 2015-12-04 14.45.37.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 94
Just pump the carb a few times to prime the accelerator pump. What is that ethanol? Never seen a green gas can before!!! LMAO
Ours are red here for gas, blue for kerosene, yellow for diesel. Small aluminum cans for beer.......
Put some gas in the float bowl also it will help.

I do the same way, sometimes the fuel system doesn't prime until you actually have rpm. Hang a tank and a line prime the carb. Spray bottle with gas. If thats a new cam dont keep cranking and cranking though.

I guess I should get a can of starter fluid.

Btw, my heads are casting number 3769974, probably 75-76. Should be ok with unleaded, right?

I would think so. Karl Krazy Cuda is the small block expert pm him he will know for sure.

Just pump the carb a few times to prime the accelerator pump. What is that ethanol? Never seen a green gas can before!!! LMAO

Put some gas in the float bowl also it will help.

Green cans were for unleaded originally but now they're for gasoline. I think diesel cans are black but I'm not sure. I could ask my wife, she works with these things.

I tried pumping the carb but it didn't help. Not enough pressure to fill the carb at all, I think.

Green cans were for unleaded originally but now they're for gasoline. I think diesel cans are black but I'm not sure. I could ask my wife, she works with these things.

I tried pumping the carb but it didn't help. Not enough pressure to fill the carb at all, I think.

Is that a edelbrock carb?

If that carb has sat with fuel in it before it misght have a stuck needle or blocked idle passages.

Run the hose to the fuel pump and you should be fine. Just drip a bit of gas into the carb about an ounce to get things going till the pump kicks in.

If that carb has sat with fuel in it before it misght have a stuck needle or blocked idle passages.

I know it's been sitting for a few years but It's probably been empty most of the time. Not that I know this for a fact but it's been sitting all by itself and I haven't taken it apart.

-
Back