Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ha, ha!!! success...

We got Chuck's Valiant running good today!

We got it through the break-in for the cam yesterday, then shut it down to let some of the smoke clear out of the garage, then when we tried to restart it, no spark....

So we checked the reluctor gap in the distributor today and we could get a .030" feeler gauge almost halfway down, but then it would hang up. We set it to .008" with a brass feeler gauge and started it up. Then reset the timing to 36° total advance and then set the idle mixture screws. Now it starts right up warm without even hitting the gas pedal...

Of course I forgot to bring the camera today to get an "after" video...

Chuck (Sedanman) got a video of it today and posted it on youtube.

This is yesterday while we were breaking in the cam and checking total timing. Here it is...

[ame]https://youtu.be/Tlcinz9X54M[/ame]

Go full screen and pause at 0:28 seconds; I can't believe that he got my hat in the shot... #-o

We got it to idle at 16"-17" Hg @ 900 RPM

13" Hg idling in gear at 700 RPM, and she's pulling 26" at 2000 RPM.

Oh heck yea :blob: :cheers::cheers: I bet it was great to see and hear it running and know it is ready for another run :glasses7: Congratulations to y'all :color:

We got it to idle at 16"-17" Hg @ 900 RPM

13" Hg idling in gear at 700 RPM, and she's pulling 26" at 2000 RPM.

Amazing how simply knowledge,fixes the smallest problems. ( And the smallest problems,( with the knowledge applied correctly..) That knowledge ,is absolutely priceless..

Oh heck yea :blob: :cheers::cheers: I bet it was great to see and hear it running and know it is ready for another run :glasses7: Congratulations to y'all :color:

How are you doing, MeMike? I don't see this site,until early a.m.West Coast hours.. Lasangna in the oven now, watching my Lakers lose again lol..

Amazing how simply knowledge,fixes the smallest problems. ( And the smallest problems,( with the knowledge applied correctly..) That knowledge ,is absolutely priceless..

Truer words have yet to be spoken this day :glasses7: well said :color:

How are you doing, MeMike? I don't see this site,until early a.m.West Coast hours.. Lasangna in the oven now, watching my Lakers lose again lol..
Morning all.
And the sixers thank you for giving us our one win for the season.

Nicely done Karl.

Well I have to go. Still all gased up from yesterday's adventure. I see hops and Rainey are lurking around.

Think I should keep it and take a chance or send it back and wait a long time for another one?

Attachments

• DSC00239.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00240.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00241.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00242.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00243.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC00244.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 83
Banged up in shipping not really bad no plugs or covers, look at the trans fill hole, lokey there a starter stud! I am just worried if I put it in and have a problem it will not be covered. I shot them pics prob get the reply Monday. Dam with the price why ship it like that! Oh the delivery was fun a post yesterday about it.

I'd wait for a response from Jegs. No go unless they garantee.

That's where I am leaning, just kind of pissed off after a 6 week wait for it to be built. The stud I just happened to see so I wonder what is in the front pump. The pan will be swapped out with my deep one so that is not a problem. Cannot believe they did not even tape the openings.

-
Back