Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
QUOTE=halifaxhops;1971052638]Not the shippers fault at all it was the packaging from the rebuilder. I am so glad I put it on paypal! Just found on it yesterday when I was calm looking it over the rear transmission line fitting is sheared off with paint over it. How do you "fully test" each unit then? So pissed off really wanted to go for one more ride this year, guess not. Just got some more things to do like put in the sure grip and gears so good time to do it. See what their response is Monday, If not I will initiate the return process through e bay. I expected so much more from Jegs. They need to find a new rebuilder.[/QUOTE]

" Fully tested" was a mainline pressure test, with a torque converter installed, with a drill mandrel ( or something similar, mine was local collage .. Hali,relax: .. The one thing about vintage automobiles, THIS IS A HOBBY..Relax ,dude..Get a refund,or an replacement.. and move on...

QUOTE=halifaxhops;1971052638]Not the shippers fault at all it was the packaging from the rebuilder. I am so glad I put it on paypal! Just found on it yesterday when I was calm looking it over the rear transmission line fitting is sheared off with paint over it. How do you "fully test" each unit then? So pissed off really wanted to go for one more ride this year, guess not. Just got some more things to do like put in the sure grip and gears so good time to do it. See what their response is Monday, If not I will initiate the return process through e bay. I expected so much more from Jegs. They need to find a new rebuilder.

" Fully tested" was a mainline pressure test, with a torque converter installed, with a drill mandrel ( or something similar, mine was local collage .. Hali,relax: .. The one thing about vintage automobiles, THIS IS A HOBBY..Relax ,dude..Get a refund,or an replacement.. and move on...[/QUOTE]

My bucket list ADHD kicked in. Went out on a budget limb to get it. Just venting.......:violent2:

" Fully tested" was a mainline pressure test, with a torque converter installed, with a drill mandrel ( or something similar, mine was local collage .. Hali,relax: .. The one thing about vintage automobiles, THIS IS A HOBBY..Relax ,dude..Get a refund,or an replacement.. and move on...

My bucket list ADHD kicked in. Went out on a budget limb to get it. Just venting.......:violent2:[/QUOTE]

That's fantastic, Hali.. My ADHD kicks in hourly,on my project .. That money gig, just kills you man..

How do they do a mainline pressure test? I always thought they spun the converter to get everything rolling.

How do they do a mainline pressure test? I always thought they spun the converter to get everything rolling.

That's pretty much it.. They hook up the cooler inlet /outlet lines,& spin the converter up....You get a reading ,it's either good or bad..

So it checks the hydraulics of it? Do you need to cap the line fittings? Looking for ammo here.

Morning Mr Mitch! Suns coming up and it will be warm? I know ny beer will be cold it is in the bed of the truck! Hopefully it did not freeze!

Had to stop testing, some coolant problem. Ran better, though. hooked up the fuel pump and it seems to be pumping ok now.

There's more info in my project thread. A little tedious to double-post. :D

I just posted a possible fix for you. Glad it is running better. Welcome to the world of a new motor in a old car!

I think I have all the vacuum ports plugged but it could be leaking somewhere, of course.

I just got it running a little better, after a lot of cranking and short runs, it looks like the fuel pump has started to work ok. And I can see the little squirts from accelerator pump. I had to stop after a little while because oil was leaking from the passenger side valve cover and running over the exhaust manifold creating a lot of smoke. Tightened it and the problem went away.

Then, after another minute of running, I started getting some spray on me. Turns out the radiator was seeping through the evac hose on the filler neck onto the fan.

I don't know if I overfilled, it was maybe 1/2" over the radiator core in cold condition.

That made me think there is mabye air trapped somewhere in the engine. How would I know and how do I get it out? And how do I confirm that the water pump is working? The bypass hose was warm but not really hot and the upper hose to the radiator was room temp.

Turns out the radiator is leaking too. Seeping halfway down the radiator. Bollocks. Was really hoping I wouldn't need to replace it.

Just run it until the thermostat opens to get the air out. I usually run the first run with the cap off to vent the air out. Once you see the coolant moving means your wp is working.

Just let the granddogger in and it is starting to break. Skid mark and Harley are funny together.

I think I have all the vacuum ports plugged but it could be leaking somewhere, of course.

I just got it running a little better, after a lot of cranking and short runs, it looks like the fuel pump has started to work ok. And I can see the little squirts from accelerator pump. I had to stop after a little while because oil was leaking from the passenger side valve cover and running over the exhaust manifold creating a lot of smoke. Tightened it and the problem went away.

Then, after another minute of running, I started getting some spray on me. Turns out the radiator was seeping through the evac hose on the filler neck onto the fan.

I don't know if I overfilled, it was maybe 1/2" over the radiator core in cold condition.

That made me think there is mabye air trapped somewhere in the engine. How would I know and how do I get it out? And how do I confirm that the water pump is working? The bypass hose was warm but not really hot and the upper hose to the radiator was room temp.

Turns out the radiator is leaking too. Seeping halfway down the radiator. Bollocks. Was really hoping I wouldn't need to replace it.

Just run it until the thermostat opens to get the air out. I usually run the first run with the cap off to vent the air out. Once you see the coolant moving means your wp is working.

Whats this about? Your truck?

No Anders sb, I cut and pasted it from another thread. The truck is running fine. Some small bs things still. Might work them out today.

I have to change the ww motor, the shaft sheared, have one to put in and change the radio out and a few bulbs. I put new door weatherstripping on and between the roofing tape and that it is ultra quiet in there. If you need a set got them from rock auto $33.00!
Looking for a r side vent latch, kind of weird can't find it but can find the left. Tape works for now, it is Marilyns side anyhow for now.

What do you mean "roofing tape" What is that...I want to quiet mine down

Good morning guys. Too cold to rush out and do anything yet. Think I'll ease into the day with a couple cups of java. Make some breakfast after a while...

Works great better than dynamat and two to three rolls will do the whole cab. Floor, roof, and back. Around 20 a roll at home depot. Warms it up also.

Attachments

• 742511bf-5f72-4989-87bc-52567bc23c5d_1000.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 82
Really sticky also. I think it is tar based but it is ok over the exhaust, at least in the dart. No smell with it at all in my experience.

Works great better than dynamat and two to three rolls will do the whole cab. Floor, roof, and back. Around 20 a roll at home depot. Warms it up also.

Never seen that one. Looks like good stuff. No issues with smell? Some roofing stuff seams to 'gas off' from rubber, adhesives etc. when they get hot.

... Looks like you were answering my question while I was typing it. Lol

-
Back