Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Actually working on a military VAT think it is a 20 has to be for tanks and trucks in WWII. Need to find porcelain tubes for it like the ones around a oil burner electrode 4 1/4 long need four of them, prob have to buy electrodes to get them.

Actually working on a military VAT think it is a 20 has to be for tanks and trucks in WWII. Need to find porcelain tubes for it like the ones around a oil burner electrode 4 1/4 long need four of them, prob have to buy electrodes to get them.
That's interesting stuff.

Want a tan used rotor also? Have them also, just extra stuff to me I run a Mallory mechanical in mine.

Not much in them at all a load bank that is adjustable and a few components and switches, really simple. I will take a pic of the mil one in a bit it is open.
The carbon piles in those are HD for sure. The old VAT-40 from the dealer I worked at 30 years ago ended up in a friends transmission shop. He uses it every day (as needed if course) It must be 40 or so years old.

Want a tan used rotor also? Have them also, just extra stuff to me I run a Mallory mechanical in mine.
I don't think so....mine is set up with an electronic ignition all set up under the cap.

I don't think so....mine is set up with an electronic ignition all set up under the cap.
Should be the right one.
Here are some pics and whats left of the shackle.
Model is a y-20 so early for sure.
DSC02500.JPG
DSC02501.JPG
DSC02502.JPG
DSC02503.JPG
DSC02504.JPG

Got this one also a snap on just needed a good cleaning came in the deal. and the vat 28 and I have all of the paperwork for both.
DSC02493.JPG
DSC02494.JPG
DSC02485.JPG
DSC02486.JPG
DSC02488.JPG

Hoppy its amazing your knowledge and interest in this. I just smile looking at this and glad someone like you has the ability to restore them so they can be used again.

Hoppy its amazing your knowledge and interest in this. I just smile looking at this and glad someone like you has the ability to restore them so they can be used again.
Trying to get my daughter involved she wants to just never comes by to learn. I would love to pass it on. My friend Ken keeps getting calls on used magnetos for farm equipment might try to look into rebuilding them, just have to get a few to play with should be pretty easy to do.

Trying to get my daughter involved she wants to just never comes by to learn. I would love to pass it on. My friend Ken keeps getting calls on used magnetos for farm equipment might try to look into rebuilding them, just have to get a few to play with should be pretty easy to do.
Well I feel you just took your interest and military training and continue to use it. Yes, be nice to pass it on. Be a great part-time, or maybe full-time income for your daughter.

Probably can't tell off this pic. I'll go get another and send you one.

LS_337225_1201481.JPG

I am definatly at the point of over saturation with them right now I have people that want to basically give me machines and carts I just am out of room for them. Guess it will all start again after Carlisle, just starting to get into the portable ones. I have to line them all up and get a picture. My daughter actually works heavy construction dam kid (22) makes 30 plus a hour so money is not a issue for her.

Any one see one of those gauges in that style on the old y20 let me know it has a cracked housing.

Any one ever need a certain color cap prob have them in the used bin, to me they are just there for shipping distribs to protect the expensive ones, have nos cap clips also.

Found a few more of these yesterday cleaning up, forgot about them.
Very hard to find for the MP tach drives
DSC02492.JPG

It was better than that. It had the seperation rings cast in to better isolate from cross fire or carbon tracking.
Like this but tan
View attachment 1715162021
New ones generally have a vent to let the ionized air out - maybe just as good but doesn't look original.
I was being greedy - I wanted the seperation rings and the vent. Only one like that I've seen for mopars was sold by Vertex - now NLA.

View attachment 1715162023

View attachment 1715162024

Those vents sometimes interfere with the plug wire boots.... :BangHead: :icon_fU:

I know mine has the ribs. No vent though.

I think that's generally the deal on the better ones; ribs or vent, and sometimes brass - which maybe last a little longer under hard use.

I noticed the Motorcraft caps for my AMC engine are ribbed but not vented.

My guess is they decided the venting lets the ionized air out and there's no reason for te more expensive casting???

Ribbed condoms - for HER pleasure... :p

Put them on inside out for YOUR pleasure.... :D

Sleeting like crazy here on the hill !! then turning to snow they are saying :wtf::wtf::wtf::BangHead::BangHead:
Weatherman says we are getting snow showers now, but I ain't seeing nothing. And after tomorrow, we are finally supposed to stay above freezing.

You gotta think of others some times...
What a concept! lol

Should be the right one.
Here are some pics and whats left of the shackle.
Model is a y-20 so early for sure.
View attachment 1715162044
So, you need tubes to replace the insulators around the outside of that contraption? Dimensions? How bout some electrical tubes from knob and tube wiring. Think I have some long enough you could cut the flanged end off...

Good Morning

-
Back