Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sleeting like crazy here on the hill !! then turning to snow they are saying :wtf::wtf::wtf::BangHead::BangHead:

Morning KArl and guys. Ya sometimes the Garmen sends semi's down my street as a shorter route. They cuss because they have a tough time making the intersection.

Hi TMM... :welcome:

I live on a dead end street with only 9 houses... The garbage trucks can't turn around, so they back down the street so they come down forward to pick up the trash...

I noticed that and put my trash across the street from my driveway so he can use the robot arm to dump it and not have to get out of the truck, drag the can to the other side of the street, then put the can back on my side again... The arm is on the other side of the truck... The driver thanked me for doing that for him as it takes him 3 times longer to dump the trash if I don't... Now all of the neighbors are doing it too so the guys can pick up our trash quicker and get home earlier that day... :D They can stay in their trucks and go from house to house and dump our trash real quick...

It's nothing for us to do that to help them... You gotta think of others some times...

Same here, I put mine across the street in line with one other house. He picks them up as he drives by. No need to turn around or drive around the block.

Hi TMM... :welcome:

I live on a dead end street with only 9 houses... The garbage trucks can't turn around, so they back down the street so they come down forward to pick up the trash...

I noticed that and put my trash across the street from my driveway so he can use the robot arm to dump it and not have to get out of the truck, drag the can to the other side of the street, then put the can back on my side again... The arm is on the other side of the truck... The driver thanked me for doing that for him as it takes him 3 times longer to dump the trash if I don't... Now all of the neighbors are doing it too so the guys can pick up our trash quicker and get home earlier that day... :D They can stay in their trucks and go from house to house and dump our trash real quick...

It's nothing for us to do that to help them... You gotta think of others some times...
Lead by example.
Years ago a new gas station/restaurant wa built. Everybody just parked willy nilly.
I would wiggle through and back in and park civilized like. After a few times of doing this,the rest of the locals followed and it continued to this day.

Tan cap, brass contacts? What's not to like there! LOL

I have a tub just full of good used cap amazing how fast they sell at Carlisle. Matt you want that one let me know.

I have one on each.

engine 290.jpg

029.jpg

Tan cap, brass contacts? What's not to like there! LOL
It was better than that. It had the seperation rings cast in to better isolate from cross fire or carbon tracking.
Like this but tan
IMG_7119.JPG

New ones generally have a vent to let the ionized air out - maybe just as good but doesn't look original.
I was being greedy - I wanted the seperation rings and the vent. Only one like that I've seen for mopars was sold by Vertex - now NLA.

MVC-504F.JPG

MVC-505F.JPG

I have seen nos mopar ones sell for crazy money online. Just the tan ones no name get 30-50 all the time.

I know mine has the ribs. No vent though.
I think that's generally the deal on the better ones; ribs or vent, and sometimes brass - which maybe last a little longer under hard use.

I noticed the Motorcraft caps for my AMC engine are ribbed but not vented.

My guess is they decided the venting lets the ionized air out and there's no reason for te more expensive casting???

-
Back