Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OK that exhaust pic reminded me of something the exhaust on the pop is just clamped together right now instead of welding it together thinking of brazing it so I can take it apart like in the old school days any thoughts on it?

Ray, Eddie just texted me and is going to PM you... He hasn't ordered any parts yet.... Let him know what you can hook us up with...

Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

Here's Eddie's Dart after we got the x-pipe installed and a quick tune back in June 2016....

Really nice job.
and that's the way to run the wires!
On certain magnum engines, there's a factory bulletin about wire routing. Sometimes its really important, not sure why other than maybe firing order....
What happens you get EMI interference during the spark and it can travel to the core of the other wire. We had to be super carefull on aircraft with certain wires. Had a good one with a old E-4 compass system on a c-130 took forever to figure out only during a right turn the compass went whacky, turned out a wire from the wing tip flux valve (senses the earths magnetic field) was loose and would hang near a ac generator wire. Just found it by sheer luck.

Ray, Eddie just texted me and is going to PM you... He hasn't ordered any parts yet.... Let him know what you can hook us up with...

Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:
Give him my number if you want. Just a pick up is really what is needed? That car I would go with a MP set just a crisper signal.

Give him my number if you want. Just a pick up is really what is needed? That car I would go with a MP set just a crisper signal.

I think Eddie wants to get a replacement pick-up to reimburse me for the one I took out of one of my spare ones...

Then he also wants a complete distributor that we can drop in and go...

Then we can play with the other one or send it to you to go through and send back as a back-up....

Hey Ray, I just remembered, Eddie also needs a good distributor cap and rotor... One of your old ones... The good stuff... :D

All the ones at the parts store don't have the ribs and some have the vent that may interfere with the plug wire boot.... Cheap crap... :icon_fU:

Remind him if he forgets...

Vacuum advance with the 273 Power Pack looks like 23*, and comes in from 6 - 12" Hg, so that definately would be used with ported source.
Could be a little much for today's fuel if the mechanical comes in fast.
Mopar Perfomance recommends 50* while cruising steady on the highway. So if the mechanical timing is around 30* at 3000 rpm, then really only need 20* from the vacuum advance to get the 50*
I'd start with a vacuum unit with 10 to 12 distributor degrees in the arm. Then adjust when it comes in depending on the mechanical and what the engine seems to like.

Vacuum advance with the 273 Power Pack looks like 23*, and comes in from 6 - 12" Hg, so that definately would be used with ported source.
Could be a little much for today's fuel if the mechanical comes in fast.
Mopar Perfomance recommends 50* while cruising steady on the highway. So if the mechanical timing is around 30* at 3000 rpm, then really only need 20* from the vacuum advance to get the 50*
I'd start with a vacuum unit with 10 to 12 distributor degrees in the arm. Then adjust when it comes in depending on the mechanical and what the engine seems to like.

So you recommend using the vacuum advance also???

So you recommend using the vacuum advance also???
With that curve, yes.

Timing_Page_Mopar_Performance_Instruction.png

Chrysler guts or Mallory guts?

The donor distributor had chrysler guts with the bigger weights underneath...

I have an Accel with the smaller weights above that we installed when we had issues with the dist from Eddies car... We ran out of daylight and did not have the time to figure out where the binding was and just popped in the Accel straight out of the box....

OK that exhaust pic reminded me of something the exhaust on the pop is just clamped together right now instead of welding it together thinking of brazing it so I can take it apart like in the old school days any thoughts on it?

I saved the system for another future vehicle... The guy who did this was very good and the system is still good... They did prototype work for the auto makers and this guy just did custom work until he retired...

Here are some pictures showing how he split them....

DSC06751 B.JPG

DSC06752 B.JPG

Don't know anything about the accels - maybe Ray does,

The Chrysler one should be good with the original springs in it.

That's the one that we used for parts donor and is not working right now... We need another plate to install to get it running...

Adjusting the spring perches from the top. They're on an eccentric.
On primary spring, more tension delays the start.
On the secondary spring, less loop brings into into action at lower rpm.

IMG_7038.JPG

-
Back