Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning, what's left of it. Such a beautiful day here, a gentle cool breeze and bird songs coming through the open windows. The sunny days after the good rains have made everything green outside. Getting the Fury detailed some more, I like to use the original Bon Ami to get the film off the chrome and the outside of the glass. My Mom had to call 9-1-1 on Saturday because my step-dad was too weak to get up, so he is in the hospital now getting his meds straightened out. No point in saying this to my Mom after the fact, but had the doctors NOT prescribed oxycontin in the first place, they wouldn't be going through this ordeal. He took it for a couple weeks, and disliked it so he stopped, which made his blood pressure shoot up, then the b.p. med worked too well and now he's in the hospital. Just a few weeks ago, he was going to the pool every day.

Some days you just have to push people.

tenor (14).gif

Anyway I was asked when the last time the wheel bearings were packed. Heck I didn't know, texted the previous owner and he said he never did it. Guess I'll have it done this week, just to be safe before we head down the road.

You better get your bearings straight before you go packing.... :D

Well, I'm back from shopping... Went nuts lots of meat on sale so I stocked up....

They had ribs 33% off, and while looking I saw some at $6 and some around the same size at $9 per slab... So I wanted to make sure that they were not overpriced and it turned out that on the two $6 ones were only marked for 3 lb package and weighed close to 5 lbs ---> Score!!!! :thumbsup:

So I went back to look for any more under marked ones and I had the last two.... :D

Last edited:
I'm looking for an exhaust manifold for my /6. Cleaned up mine a bit in prep for replacing the gaskets and it looks like it is cracked in 2 places... blah!!!!

Silverseal...
19224 Allen Rd., P.O. Box 1050
Trenton, MI 48183
Phone 734-479-2255

They sell new ones... I got one for the ex's 65 Dart shipped to my door for just under $200 and it arrived in three days (they said they were back ordered and would ship from vendor)...

It's better to get a new one as most of the old ones have those characteristic cracks...

Good morning from soon to be windy Ca coast. Wind already at 15mph, by BBQ time it will be 40mph. I guess those pig parts for the pit will be relegated to the crack pot for Chile Verde :rolleyes:. Poor poor pitiful me :rofl:. Racing was great last night. My former apprentice got his hobby stock to 3rd, right behind his bride, not going to let him hear the end of that for a while. He drew the invert pill that moved him from the pole to 6th and put his wife on the pole. Rumor has it he told her to go pound sand in a light hearted kinda way. Sprint Cars were awesome until 3rd thru 6th got all wadded up and even that was just tough racing, nothing underhanded. The horizontally challenged open wheel cars 30 laps, no yellows, no reds, awesome. All 7 1/2 minutes of it. Off to the kitchen I go. I know it's only 9ish but my recipe calls for 1/2 of a beer to scrub the skillet leavins before the pig goes to the crock pot. I hate to waste half of a Shiner Bock :lol:. Going to be a good day, other than the wind, that is. Be well y'all.

-
Back