Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yep, that's pretty much it. :poke:
Actually the dart has been worked on, more than the polara.

Pretty much. Assuming replicas are not available or out of price range.

Label connectors and remove factory harnesses (plural) one by one.
Layout factory harness & remove tape,
Make a list of wire color, size and lengths needed to buy.
Buy new terminals,
Only Buy new connectors if needed.

One harness at a time, replace every bad wire and/or terminal connection.
The only connection that can't be done at home like the factory is the welded splice in the main under dash harness.
Here's where Kieth's suggestion of having a good used harness might be easier for a guy in your position. There's other ways to do it - but however its done, that's a very important junction.

not really concerned about factory looks. More about functionality. I did manage to find a factory wiring diagram and going through it now.

PS Agree to pay based on performance, then he's free to buy whatever kit he wants. As long as it works when done, you don't care.
Maybe ask him for service diagram when he's done though. LOL Or add a service contract into the deal, just like the box stores...
actually, he does owe me for completing his engine and transmission swap for him...

Is this the guy that left the Polara for dead cause he didn't want to rewire it? :rofl:
no. That's another guy. This one has a pair of Ramblers he's restored, turning one into a gasser.

I hate waiting on Parts...... If they could only send the right $hit the first time ...:BangHead::BangHead:
Im tapped into my supplier’s computer,parts lookup shows all the variables and i can check his inventory 24/7

Bu that doesent help with right box,wrong part inside or junk in the box. I really despise faulty new parts.

Im tapped into my supplier’s computer,parts lookup shows all the variables and i can check his inventory 24/7
Yeah...I was a Parts Store owner for 27 years...I like to use Rock Auto as a reference for correct part numbers, sometimes. They'll have several different manufactures part numbers listed there. Then I usually provide my own part numbers to my local suppliers. Believe me....The parts business is MUCH different today than it was, when there were still a lot of Independents around. I sold three stores to Carquest 18 years ago....

Last edited:
Too bad Dave has me on ignore... I just got an interview offer for a pharmaceutical company.

Meanwhile back at the fort.
Rin tin tin. Is waiting for his chow.
While Rusty babbles on and avoids his job of feeding him.

I think cleaning the housing will be the toughest part of my 904 overhaul. That stuff is baked on.

One thing about living in PA compared to Long Island or Cali people drive normal here and if you break down more than one person offers to help! Hell one day we were out black powder deer hunting and we got totally lost in the woods since it got dark fast. Well found a road and just started walking, here comes a truck and the guy asked how we did we told him we are lost, we just jumped in the truck and he drove us home, guns are a norm here also! Have to love PA!

Guns are a norm here in Chicago also.... :rolleyes:

Sunshine makes us dream they have said, but seams like I dream more with cold cloudy days, , or maybe I just don't remember my dreams when I wake up knowing the sun will shine again today, driving the sweet wife to work, see y'all later

One time I dreamed that I was eating a huge marshmallow.... :popcorn:

When I woke up, my pillow was gone.... :D

-
Back